Query regarding Plus code using python

dssundar...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2019, 3:53:13 PM3/21/19
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Hi guys ,

 I have a   list of 1 million  company  addresses , how can i use python inorder to generate plus code ?  pluscode have any library in python  ?

Thanks
sundar

Zongwei Li

Mar 21, 2019, 4:00:12 PM3/21/19
to dssundar...@gmail.com, Plus Codes Community Forum
Hey Sundar,

We have a Python library open-sourced here. The library takes in latitude/longitude though, so to convert from an address you'll need to do one of the following:

1) Convert address to lat/long. Convert lat/long to plus code using the library.
2) Pass the address to the Google Geocoding API, which will have the plus code in the response.

--
Public site: http://www.openlocationcode.com/
Github project: https://github.com/google/open-location-code

Jeffrey Benning

Mar 22, 2019, 6:37:12 AM3/22/19
to dssundar...@gmail.com, Plus Codes Community Forum
Hi Sundar,

When you do the 1million geocodings it will better to do it in one month. Because Google Maps partners as us, can deliver higher Volume discounts based on months than when you do it by Google directly. Directly you receive tier 1 and 2 and we can deliver tier 3,4,5,6,7. Big discounts by high usage.

Let me know if I can help in this case.

gr
Jeffrey

Op do 21 mrt. 2019 om 21:00 schreef 'Zongwei Li' via Plus Codes Community Forum <open-loca...@googlegroups.com>:

Met vriendelijke groet/Kind regards,

JEFFREY BENNING

Country Manager NL

+31615627676

www.localyse.eu/nl

Related image

Zongwei Li

Mar 22, 2019, 2:49:33 PM3/22/19
to sundarganesh govindakumar, Plus Codes Community Forum
Re-adding group for posterity

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 11:48 AM Zongwei Li <zon...@google.com> wrote:
The easiest way is to use the Geocoding API, like I mentioned as option 2. This will do both the address conversion and give you the corresponding plus code in the response. Yes, it's possible for an address to not exist, in which case the API will say so in the response.

If you have your own method of converting addresses to lat/long, you can use one of the libraries (like the Python library) to then convert the lat/long to plus codes without going through the Geocoding API.

On Fri, Mar 22, 2019 at 11:45 AM sundarganesh govindakumar <dssundar...@gmail.com> wrote:
Thanks Zongwei for your reply .

 In my use case , we are trying to extract plus code for 300 million address locations . how should i approach this problem ? ,I have two more questions for you .
Question 1:
 should i first convert  300 million address location to their corresponding lat/long ?  ,  is there any possiblity address wont return latitude and longitude ,if address is fake or does not exsist ?

question 2 :
 using only address , i cant convert them to pluscode ? is conversion of address to latitude and longitude is mandatory ,to generate plus code ?

Thanks
sundar