Satellite mode by url

विश्व

Nov 19, 2019, 8:17:10 PM11/19/19
to Plus Codes Community Forum
is there a url by which we can launch it in satellite mode directly rather than by going to menu??
Thanks

Doug Rinckes

Nov 21, 2019, 3:54:55 AM11/21/19
to Plus Codes Community Forum
I assume you mean the website at plus.codes/map?

No, there's no option to launch it in satellite mode directly.

विश्व

Nov 21, 2019, 4:20:51 AM11/21/19
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Yes.. wouldn't it be great??
It helps when i give someone that link, tell them to allow location permission and find your roof top and send me the code.. in map mode they are not so sure about their location.

Daniel

Nov 21, 2019, 7:04:37 AM11/21/19
to विश्व, Plus Codes Community Forum
+1 @bsobro I agree with your input.

With gratitude,
Daniel Konakanchi

Bite off more than you can chew.!!
7799 866 012

--
Public site: http://www.openlocationcode.com/
Github project: https://github.com/google/open-location-code

विश्व

Nov 21, 2019, 7:31:02 AM11/21/19
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Some people can't find "Menu" to switch to satellite mode, which is little frustrating 😩

Doug Rinckes

Nov 22, 2019, 3:46:32 AM11/22/19
to विश्व, Plus Codes Community Forum
Hi Daniel, @bsobro,

Would it help if there was an easy way to get your plus code, using Google Maps on mobile?

Ngā mihi,
Doug Rinckes
Technical Program Manager, Google Switzerland GmbH; 9G8F+6W Zürich

On Thu, 21 Nov 2019 at 13:31, विश्व <bso...@gmail.com> wrote:
Some people can't find "Menu" to switch to satellite mode, which is little frustrating 😩

--
Public site: http://www.openlocationcode.com/
Github project: https://github.com/google/open-location-code
Demo site: http://plus.codes/

Daniel

Nov 22, 2019, 4:02:24 AM11/22/19
to Doug Rinckes, विश्व, Plus Codes Community Forum
Hi Doug,

We see plus codes for the features already available on Google maps.

When we hold we can see Drop pin option and we can see plus code there itself..

If you have another point which I missed please do let me know.

With gratitude!

विश्व

Nov 22, 2019, 6:51:35 AM11/22/19
to Plus Codes Community Forum
Getting plus code from plus.codes/map is very easy compared to google maps imo .. so it would be more easy for few folks i work for if there were plus.codes/sat (satelite view)..

It would be just a bit easier if i dont have to explain them what and where the menu is and navigate... Btw I am from south asia and yeah people here don't understand what menu is.

Google map has so many things going on there so people who never use map are confused.. but plus.codes is just what i need.. it would be better if there was plus.codes/sat or something like that..
Thanks for reading my rant :)