Who know more about this issue for iscsid?

can zhu

Jan 7, 2020, 3:20:15 AM1/7/20
to open-iscsi

kernel: connection2:0: detected conn error (1020)

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

iscsid: Kernel reported iSCSI connection 2:0 error (1020 - ISCSI_ERR_TCP_CONN_CLOSE: TCP connection closed) state (1)

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

systemd: Started Session 3742 of user root.

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

iscsid: conn 0 login rejected: initiator failed authorization with target

env

kernel:3.10.0-693.el7.x86_64

os:CentOS Linux release 7.4.1708 (Core)

iscsi-initiator-utils: iscsi-initiator-utils-6.2.0.874-11.el7.x86_64

I can't configure acl and username、password.

Robert ECEO Townley

Jan 7, 2020, 12:13:03 PM1/7/20
to open-...@googlegroups.com

I get the names of all the different iSCSi projects out there mixed up, so forgive me if i am on the wrong list to mention about the targetcli freebranch by Andy Grover of RedHat.   It is the one built into the kernel and the default for RHEL 7 and newer versions of Ubuntu.  He calls it freebranch but Datera.io contributed it to the kernel?

Do you have root access on both target (server) and initiator (client)?

If you have root on the server side / target, targetcli is used to set the username and password.  yum search targetcli.  There is an attribute to set the password.  If you forgot, info can tell you as well as

` cat /etc/targetcli/saveconfig.json | egrep -i '(CHAP|PASS)'

targetcli
ls
cd /iscsi/iqn.YYYY-MM.us.domain.iscsiServer:ramdisk4gb/tpg1/acls/iqn.YYYY-MM.us.domain.iscsiClient:client
info

Would watch Andy Grovers targetcli videos on youtube.

The Lee-Man

Jan 10, 2020, 4:49:13 PM1/10/20
to open-iscsi
You have "auth" enabled but not set up correctly.

There are two types of auth: discovery, and session. It looks like your session auth is not set up correctly. You need to know the auth username and password. It has to be set up on the target (targetcli) and the initiator (open-iscsi).

can zhu

Jan 11, 2020, 10:41:06 AM1/11/20
to open-iscsi
I did not set the auth.

在 2020年1月11日星期六 UTC+8上午5:49:13,The Lee-Man写道:

Lee Duncan

Jan 11, 2020, 10:13:31 PM1/11/20
to open-...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 11, 2020, at 7:41 AM, can zhu <zhuca...@gmail.com> wrote:

I did not set the auth.

Please share how your systems is configured. Did you set up your targets?

Assuming you set up your targets, and they are on targetcli, can you share your configuration file?

Also, can you ensure you have no auth set up on your initiator?

—
Lee

can zhu

Jan 11, 2020, 10:15:23 PM1/11/20
to open-iscsi
Hmmm, I use the default config, I hadn't do other sets for it.

在 2020年1月12日星期日 UTC+8上午11:13:31,The Lee-Man写道:

Lee Duncan

Jan 11, 2020, 10:16:22 PM1/11/20
to open-iscsi

On Jan 11, 2020, at 7:15 PM, can zhu <zhuca...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hmmm, I use the default config, I hadn't do other sets for it.

For? For the initiator, or the target?

can zhu

Jan 11, 2020, 10:28:53 PM1/11/20
to open-...@googlegroups.com
For the initiator.

Lee Duncan <leeman...@gmail.com> 于2020年1月12日周日 上午11:16写道:

Lee Duncan

Jan 11, 2020, 10:33:51 PM1/11/20
to open-iscsi
On Jan 11, 2020, at 7:28 PM, can zhu <zhuca...@gmail.com> wrote:

For the initiator.

Then who set up your targets, and how are they set up?

can zhu

Jan 11, 2020, 10:41:15 PM1/11/20
to open-iscsi
Our storage SDK API, I will take a look at the target config and paste it.

在 2020年1月12日星期日 UTC+8上午11:33:51,The Lee-Man写道: