iscsiadm unable to connect to iscsd

Dirk Laurenz

Sep 20, 2019, 5:02:20 AM9/20/19
to open-iscsi
Hi,

want to read the session stats for a connection, but iscsiadm claims not to be able to connect to iscsd.
I'm not sure how to debug this:

$host:/etc/iscsi # iscsiadm -m session
tcp: [1] $IP1:3260,1032 $host1-lun01 (non-flash)
tcp: [2] $IP2:3260,1032 $host2-lun01 (non-flash)
tcp: [3] $IP3:3260,1 $host3:lun01 (non-flash)
$host:/etc/iscsi # iscsiadm -m session -r 2 -s
iscsiadm: Could not execute operation on all sessions: could not connect to iscsid

any idea?

OS is SLES4SAP12 SP4

Regards,

Dirk

The Lee-Man

Sep 30, 2019, 3:21:24 PM9/30/19
to open-iscsi
That looks like a bug! Let me check it out.

The Lee-Man

Sep 30, 2019, 5:14:20 PM9/30/19
to open-iscsi
Okay, I believe I found the problem, and it's one that I've seen before. On one particular path -- in this case, when you specify "-s" as well as "-r N" -- the code path forgets to set the timeout to "none" when communicating with iscsid.

I have pushed my change to https://github.com/gonzoleeman/open-iscsi branch fix-session-display-error

Please feel free to try this out before I merge it into the main line, but it seems to fix the problem for me.

The Lee-Man

Sep 30, 2019, 5:19:30 PM9/30/19
to open-iscsi

di...@laurenz.ws

Oct 1, 2019, 1:39:42 PM10/1/19
to open-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks a lot, i forwarded this to suse, as they maintain the iscsi packages…

Lee Duncan

Oct 1, 2019, 2:13:33 PM10/1/19
to open-...@googlegroups.com
What bug number? I’m the SUSE maintainer. :)

--
Lee-Man Duncan
Sent from my iPhone, dude

di...@laurenz.ws

Nov 6, 2019, 4:58:38 PM11/6/19
to open-...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

i want ot give feedback. That fix solved our issue.

Thanks a lot