Increase timeout

Michael Havey

Aug 31, 2022, 2:13:53 PM8/31/22
to ontop4obda
I am calling Ontop as part of a federated query from a graph database. It occasionally times out. How can I increase the timeout on Ontop? I notice there is a configuration value ontop.query.defaultTimeout. Is this measured in milliseconds? What is the effect of setting it?

Does Ontop set query timeout on JDBC call in the code? Does it use ontop.query.defaultTimeout. value?

Benjamin Cogrel

Sep 1, 2022, 3:05:14 AM9/1/22
to Michael Havey, ontop4obda
Hi Michael,

Yes, ontop.query.defaultTimeout is the key to use. It is measured in seconds (I just updated the documentation, thanks for the question!).

Its effect is to call the setQueryTimeout method of the JDBC statement:

Best,
Benjamin

--
Please follow our guidelines on how to report a bug https://ontop-vkg.org/community/contributing/bug-report