Category Theory

Jon Awbrey

Jul 12, 2020, 12:08:40 PM7/12/20
to Cybernetic Communications, Ontolog Forum, Peirce List, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
All,

Someone on Facebook posted a link to this article
on Category Theory I did not think was too shabby:

Chalkdust Magazine • An Invitation to Category Theory • Tai-Danae Bradley
http://chalkdustmagazine.com/features/an-invitation-to-category-theory/

Regards,

Jon

alex.shkotin

Jul 14, 2020, 6:33:59 AM7/14/20
to ontolog-forum
Jon,

Thank you. And let me mention that a category is just directed graph which arcs (aka morphisms) are transitively closed, and, more important, there is a composition - partial binary operation arc*arc to arc with some axioms on it.
To apply CT we need valuable composition as let me say everything is a graph somehow. Even knowledge as we know right now thank's to KG:-)
There is an interesting URL there http://www.appliedcategorytheory.org/ to dive.
And https://act2020.mit.edu/ just has been finished. Some titles sound promising: "Cyber Kittens, or First Steps Towards Categorical Cybernetics", "Compositional Cyber-Physical Systems Modeling", "A Compositional Sheaf-Theoretic Framework for Event-Based Systems"...

Alex

воскресенье, 12 июля 2020 г. в 19:08:40 UTC+3, Jon Awbrey:

Jon Awbrey

Jul 14, 2020, 11:08:30 AM7/14/20
to Cybernetic Communications, Ontolog Forum, Peirce List, Structural Modeling, SysSciWG
Cf: Category Theory ??? Comment 1
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2020/07/14/category-theory-%e2%80%a2-comment-1/

All,

I'm deep in the middle of upgrading my intro to sign relations
and I am determined to stick to it this time but there will be
a phase when it's critical to bring category theory to bear on
the development. I had a nagging sense we had been discussing
category theory in a related connection just recently but when
I went back through my records it turned out that was way back
in late 2018. (I was a bit occupied with moving our household
and lost track of many loose threads.) At any rate, I'll just
post a few links here as reminders of topics to pick up later.

Survey of Precursors Of Category Theory
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2015/05/15/survey-of-precursors-of-category-theory-%E2%80%A2-1/

Differential Logic, Dynamic Systems, Tangent Functors
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2018/09/05/differential-logic-dynamic-systems-tangent-functors-%e2%80%a2-1/
https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/2018/12/24/differential-logic-dynamic-systems-tangent-functors-%e2%80%a2-discussion-8/

Systems Science ??? GST Conceptual Framework Development
https://groups.google.com/d/topic/syssciwg/Pm1uRJkTOW8/discussion

My Comment ??? GST, DST, MST
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/syssciwg/Pm1uRJkTOW8/g5RVnxByBQAJ

Regards,

Jon

inquiry into inquiry: https://inquiryintoinquiry.com/
academia: https://independent.academia.edu/JonAwbrey
oeiswiki: https://www.oeis.org/wiki/User:Jon_Awbrey
facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/JonnyCache

On 7/12/2020 12:08 PM, Jon Awbrey wrote:
> All,
>
> Someone on Facebook posted a link to this article
> on Category Theory I did not think was too shabby:
>
> Chalkdust Magazine ??? An Invitation to Category Theory ??? Tai-Danae Bradley
> http://chalkdustmagazine.com/features/an-invitation-to-category-theory/
>
> Regards,
>
> Jon

Ravi Sharma

Jul 14, 2020, 11:45:31 AM7/14/20
to ontolog-forum
Ken
this is your expertise
Regards

--
All contributions to this forum are covered by an open-source license.

Thanks.
Ravi
(Dr. Ravi Sharma)
MagicJack US 3133935264