VEINS with AODV doesn't work for higher number of Nodes

Rida Sagheer

Dec 14, 2021, 8:09:25 AM12/14/21
to OMNeT++ Users

I'm using this git repository which has implemented AODV protocol in veins_inet example by including some changes. (VANETTutorials/simulations/routing) https://github.com/chaotictoejam/VANETTutorials (it is quiet popular i guess) However, i need to simulate for higher number of nodes like 1000 around. When i increase the number of nodes in the map. It always shows a constant error. No matter what number of nodes do i code in.

L3AddressResolver:module node[*] not found -- in module (inet::UdpBasicApp) RoutingScenario.node[26].app[0](id=1633, at t=27.1s, event#805654

It always get stuck at sameee node 26, i.e it doesn't work for more than 15 nodes. Can anyone help?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 15, 2021, 5:50:34 AM12/15/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The problem is in the destination address, the node 26 doesn't know the destination address.
With veins and sumo you can have problems with the destination address because the destination list is set at the start of the node and veis can create/destroy nodes in simulation time, in this case, the list of destinations that UdpBasicApp has will be any more time valid.

I'm using this git repository which has implemented AODV protocol in veins_inet example by including some changes. (VANETTutorials/simulations/routing) https://github.com/chaotictoejam/VANETTutorials (it is quiet popular i guess) However, i need to simulate for higher number of nodes like 1000 around. When i increase the number of nodes in the map. It always shows a constant error. No matter what number of nodes do i code in.

L3AddressResolver:module node[*] not found -- in module (inet::UdpBasicApp) RoutingScenario.node[26].app[0](id=1633, at t=27.1s, event#805654

It always get stuck at sameee node 26, i.e it doesn't work for more than 15 nodes. Can anyone help?

Rida Sagheer

Dec 17, 2021, 10:04:52 AM12/17/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for your response. Do you mean that some changes are required in UdbBasicApp??

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 20, 2021, 3:56:55 AM12/20/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Some time ago, I have tested a module that dynamically could change the address
INET Framework for the OMNeT++ discrete event simulator - inetmanet-4.x/UdpBasicBurstNotification.cc at master · aarizaq/inetmanet-4.x
The idea is that the nodes could notificate the rest nodes that it has been created/destroyed and modify the destination list

Enviado: viernes, 17 de diciembre de 2021 16:04
Para: OMNeT++ Users <omn...@googlegroups.com>

Rida Sagheer

Dec 21, 2021, 4:32:27 AM12/21/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Thanks for the link... i'm having errors building the project. I tried to disable many features but still

Rida Sagheer

Dec 21, 2021, 5:47:57 AM12/21/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Does INETMANET 3 also does the same?? i'm using omnet 5.6.2.

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 21, 2021, 7:10:26 AM12/21/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Which errors?

Enviado: martes, 21 de diciembre de 2021 10:32

Rida Sagheer

Dec 24, 2021, 1:27:42 PM12/24/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi,

I managed to install inetmanet4 with omnet 6 pre 14. I tried the same example again but i received the same error on same node. What do you suggest now??
I then changed
*.node[*].app[0].destAddresses = "node[*]"
*.node[*].app[0].destAddresses = ""

It's now not giving any error.. but i think this is technically not correct. What to do now?

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 26, 2021, 5:27:47 AM12/26/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Which source are you using?

Enviado: viernes, 24 de diciembre de 2021 19:27

Rida Sagheer

Dec 27, 2021, 9:43:41 AM12/27/21
to OMNeT++ Users
Hello,

What do you exactly mean by source??

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Dec 31, 2021, 11:47:54 AM12/31/21
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The source is the traffic source that you are using, UdpBasicBurst ....

Enviado: lunes, 27 de diciembre de 2021 15:43

Rida Sagheer

Dec 31, 2021, 12:07:09 PM12/31/21
to OMNeT++ Users
I'm now using UdpBasicBurst instead of UdpBasicApp..

Rida Sagheer

Dec 31, 2021, 12:34:01 PM12/31/21
to OMNeT++ Users
What should be done after using UdpBasicBurst??? What should be the destination address? I don't want the broadcast. just want how normally this app works. And i want to record data at node level... Leaving destaddress empty doesn't record anything.

Rida Sagheer

Dec 31, 2021, 1:48:14 PM12/31/21
to OMNeT++ Users
The meaningful app for me now is UdpBasicBurstNotification but it's giving number of errors like

L3AddressResolver: IInterfaceTable not found as submodule `interfaceTable' in host/router `RoutingScenario.node[0]' -- in module (inet::UdpBasicBurstNotification) RoutingScenario.node[0].app[0] (id=22), at t=27.1s, event #16722

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 1, 2022, 7:03:17 AM1/1/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com

I Will check it, there are some changes in the latest version of inet that I have not tested.

Enviado desde Correo para Windows

Enviado: Friday, December 31, 2021 7:48:13 PM

Alfonso Ariza Quintana

Jan 1, 2022, 7:19:38 AM1/1/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The module that raises the error is L3AddressResolver because it can not find the interface table of the node.

can you check if this module exists in your node definition?

Enviado: viernes, 31 de diciembre de 2021 19:48

Rida Sagheer

Jan 1, 2022, 8:27:31 AM1/1/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

The nodes/vehicles are only defined in rou file. So the error occurs only on node 26 in my custommap and it occurs only at node 6 in the square map example of veins_inet subproject when using UdpBasicApp or UdpBasicBurst. Whereas it complains about interface table when using udpBasicburstnotification.

Rida Sagheer

Jan 1, 2022, 8:37:26 AM1/1/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
The destination address should be space separated list of IP addresses. In my case it is:
*.node[*].app[0].destAddresses = "node[*]".

The whole ini file is below

network = RoutingScenario
sim-time-limit = 120s
debug-on-errors = true
cmdenv-express-mode = true
image-path = ../../../../images

# UDPBasicApp
*.node[*].numApps = 1
*.node[*].app[0].typename = "UdpBasicApp"

*.node[*].app[0].destAddresses = "node[*]"
*.node[*].app[0].destPort = 5000
*.node[*].app[0].messageLength = 1000B
*.node[*].app[0].sendInterval = exponential(12ms)
*.node[*].app[0].packetName = "UDPData"

# Ieee80211Interface
*.node[*].wlan[0].opMode = "p"
*.node[*].wlan[0].radio.bandName = "5.9 GHz"
*.node[*].wlan[0].radio.channelNumber = 3
*.node[*].wlan[0].radio.transmitter.power = 20mW
*.node[*].wlan[0].radio.bandwidth = 10 MHz

# HostAutoConfigurator
*.node[*].ipv4.configurator.typename = "HostAutoConfigurator"
*.node[*].ipv4.configurator.interfaces = "wlan0"
*.node[*].ipv4.configurator.mcastGroups = "224.0.0.1"

# VeinsInetMobility
*.node[*].mobility.typename = "VeinsInetMobility"

# VeinsInetManager
*.manager.updateInterval = 0.1s
*.manager.host = "localhost"
*.manager.port = 9999
*.manager.autoShutdown = true
*.manager.launchConfig = xmldoc("square.launchd.xml")
*.manager.moduleType = "vanettutorials.veins_inet.VeinsInetRoutingCar"

**.vector-recording = true

# Routing
**.router = "Aodv"

Rida Sagheer

Jan 1, 2022, 1:26:42 PM1/1/22
to omn...@googlegroups.com
I'm using this example.

Please can you test it?? I have a project presentation and i'm really worried for these errors.
I have to compare ns3 and veins simulator on the basis of vehicular networks.

I'm using them with inetmanet4
and veins latest version
custommap.launchd.xml
omnetpp.ini