How to create chirp signals in Omnet++ using INET?

Jan 17, 2023, 8:34:45 AM1/17/23
to OMNeT++ Users
Hi there!

How can a chirp signal be realized in Omnet++ using INET? I.e. a signal changing the frequency over time.

I am trying to implement a similar chirp signal as in this official video (link) myself, but am struggeling to describe the complex spectrum using e.g. CombinedFunctions. I am grateful for any hints!

Thanks in advance

Levente Mészáros

Jan 19, 2023, 6:25:16 AM1/19/23
to omn...@googlegroups.com
See the topic/chirp branch of INET at https://github.com/inet-framework/inet/commits/topic/chirp and look for the hack in DimensionalTransmitterBase.cc.
In this example the chirp power density function is simply a modulated function of the non-chirped power density by a sawtooth function.

Best regards,
levy

Jan 23, 2023, 5:26:11 AM1/23/23
to OMNeT++ Users
Thank you very much!! Exactly what I was looking for :-)

Best regards

Konstantin