Should haplotypes or primitive SNPs be used for RAiSD input?

Brian Mack

Jun 2, 2020, 12:16:32 PM6/2/20
to OmegaPlus
Hi, I'm identifying SNPs using Freebayes, which outputs haplotype calls instead of individual SNPs. I noticed that if I run vcfallelicprimitives on the vcf, which breaks apart the MNPs, and provide that to RAiSD I get somewhat different results. Is there a recommended format of the SNPs that should be provided to RAiSD?

Thanks,
Brian

Nikolaos Alachiotis

Jun 3, 2020, 11:37:20 AM6/3/20
to OmegaPlus
Hi Brian,

The following three conditions must be satisfied for a VCF line to not be straight away discarded by RAiSD:
a) REF field contains a single character
b) ALT field contains a single character,
c) Either GT or GP/GL are present in the FORMAT field

Nikos

Nikolaos Alachiotis