BUG REPORT INFORMATION - "Customizing the web console URL" doesn't work

Eduardo Lúcio Amorim Costa

Jun 30, 2021, 10:51:41 AM6/30/21
to okd-wg
Can any reasonable person help me by explaining why this was considered spam? ->

I'm asking because I don't really understand what malice or what's wrong with this post?

I followed all the procedures in the official documentation and followed all the steps to report the bug.

Can anyone guide me with this?

Thanks! =D

Eduardo Lúcio Amorim Costa

Jun 30, 2021, 11:07:09 AM6/30/21
to okd-wg

NOTE: For some reason I didn't understand @vrutkovs considered it as "spam". So I'm trying to get in touch with the community (or with himself) to try to understand what conduct was infringed.

IMPORTANT: I considered doing a "BUG REPORT", because I followed all the procedures in the documentation, but the procedure still didn't work.

John Fortin

Jun 30, 2021, 11:24:44 AM6/30/21
to Eduardo Lúcio Amorim Costa, okd-wg

Probably because there are already three different discussion threads and the e-mails to the wg…

https://github.com/openshift/okd/discussions/716
https://github.com/openshift/okd/discussions/724
https://github.com/openshift/okd/discussions/722

--John

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Brian Innes

Jun 30, 2021, 11:48:40 AM6/30/21
to okd-wg
Hello Eduardo,

You have posted multiple times in the google group, in the git repo discussion section and raised a gift issue, tagging in multiple people.  Posting a single message in slack or the Google group will get a response if any of the community can help out.  It is not fair blanket tagging individual members of the community to try to get a response.

This is a community project, so there is no service level on response times.  I'm also aware that this is a holiday week for many in North America, so some of the community may not be active until after the holiday weekend.

Personally I've not tried to do what you are doing, so cannot offer help on this matter.

Eduardo Lúcio Amorim Costa

Jun 30, 2021, 12:22:31 PM6/30/21
to okd-wg

I am aware of everything you have said and I agree with everything and also with "It is not fair blanket tagging individual members of the community". I really didn't think this would be a problem as I had already been in contact with these people about the problems pointed out. That won't happen anymore.

Other than that, I can say that I've been participating and contributing to free software communities for several years. I've helped a lot of people too. =D

Regarding "there is no service level on response times" and I'm aware and my intention was not to abuse the good will of others, but it's really not easy to find help about OKD 4.X in other communities (I can't explain why... Why is version 4.X still new software?) so I ran out of options... =|

FYI: After finishing this whole process I will consolidate the entire installation script (it's already around 3000 lines) for UPI/bare metal in the repository okd_bare_metal and return to the community the time that it made available to me.

Finally, thank you very much for your reply! It was enlightening. I felt welcomed!