Release planed for this week-end

Yves Savourel

Oct 28, 2021, 11:40:39 AM10/28/21
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Hi all,

Mihai will do the release 42 this week-end.

So no merge until after it’s done, no dev branch update (except in case of forgotten Change Log updates).

If you have a reason to postpone the release, please tell before tomorrow noon US Pacific Time.

Thanks,

-yves

Mihai Nita

Oct 30, 2021, 3:08:26 PM10/30/21
to Group: okapi-devel
I started working on the release.
But the markdown test units fail on Windows
Probably another one of those "end of line" problems :-(

I'll see what I can do about it.

But it is something we should fix at some point, and not just in a patchy way, for unit tests, but "for real"
If I submit a Windows EOL file to a localization server I expect that file to be parsed properly,
and the translated files I get back should also use Windows EOLs
I should not care if the server is running on Windows, Linux, or MS-DOS :-)

M.

Chase Tingley

Oct 30, 2021, 7:46:08 PM10/30/21
to okapi...@googlegroups.com
Last time I tried to reproduce this failure on Windows I was not able to, which was frustrating.  I can give it another try.

Mihai Nita

Oct 30, 2021, 9:08:01 PM10/30/21
to Group: okapi-devel
Done, announcement sent out, pinged Aaron for signing & publishing the Mac binaries.

The official artifacts are in Maven Central (so using them in maven works)
(for example: https://repo1.maven.org/maven2/net/sf/okapi/okapi-core/1.42.0/)
Waiting to be indexed and to show up in search.

I tried to build and release OmegaT_Plugin.
But it fails because of "cannot find symbol":
    XLIFFNote, XLIFFNoteAnnotation, NOTE
Needs fixing. But I will take a break. This release took longer than I expected...

You can start on Longhorn, Longhorn-jsclient.
But I think I've done Longhorn, Longhorn-jsclient before, so I can cover that too if nobody has time for it.

Cheers,
Mihai

Yves Savourel

Oct 31, 2021, 12:30:06 AM10/31/21
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Mihai.

I didn’t realized OmegaT_Plin was still referenced to 41. I’ll work on OmegaT_PlugIn to make sure it’s updated for 42.

-ys

Yves Savourel

Oct 31, 2021, 2:32:34 AM10/31/21
to okapi...@googlegroups.com

The plugin for OmegaT has been released.

-ys