Is there an alternative solution to OpenHIM (for comparaison purpose ) ?

traore.b...@gmail.com

Aug 31, 2018, 9:24:41 AM8/31/18
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Good morning,
Is there an alternative solution to OpenHIM ? I would still like to be able to compare it to other solutions of the same type (open source or proprietary).

Kind regards
Ben Idrissa TRAORE
Software Developer | West Africa Health Informatics Team(WAHIT)

Derek Ritz

Aug 31, 2018, 9:59:32 AM8/31/18
to traore.b...@gmail.com, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Ben.

There are a number of commercial products from which a health information mediator (HIM) layer may be constructed, such as Microsoft Biztalk (https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/biztalk/) or WebMethods (http://www.webmethodscloud.com/). A number of Canadian healthcare implementations have used these products as the basis of their HIEs. There are, I believe, 3rd party plug-ins for these major ESB offerings that support digital health standards-based message exchange. (you should look for links to these from their respective web pages).

There is also an open source initiative of the US government called "Connect" (https://www.healthit.gov/topic/health-it-initiatives/fha-connect). Connect has support native for OpenHIE's key workflows right out-of-the-box. It might be the best option for doing a quick side-by-side comparison to OpenHIM. As a note... Connect is the supporting infrastructure behind the Sequoia HIE -- which contains the health information of over 180 million US citizens.

I hope this is helpful.
Warmest regards,
Derek

Derek Ritz, P.Eng., CPHIMS-CA
ecGroup Inc.
+1 (905) 515-0045

ben traore

Aug 31, 2018, 10:15:16 AM8/31/18
to derek...@ecgroupinc.com, ohie-imp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Derek,

 Thank you very much for all this information. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Cordialement Regards

Ben Idrissa TRAORE, PMP
|Informatics Expert
|West African Health Informatics Team (WAHIT)
|West African Health Organization (WAHO)

Profil linkedin | Microsoft transcript (ID:985381 Code:benidrissa)

Carl Fourie

Sep 3, 2018, 7:52:04 AM9/3/18
to traore.b...@gmail.com, Derek Ritz (ecGroup), OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Ben,

Derek has lifted out some good options. There is also Mirth/now Next Gen (https://www.nextgen.com/products-and-services/integration-engine) who (with some digging) you can find the open source version of the engine. For other ESB tools there are a range such as Mule (www.mulesoft.com) apache camel (http://camel.apache.org). The latter two are not "out of the box" configured for health care tho.
Carl Fourie
Senior Programmes Coordinator
Jembi Health Systems NPC | SOUTH AFRICA
Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: carl.fourie17

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies are not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

traore.b...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2018, 4:56:51 AM9/4/18
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Thank you Carl,
I will focus on opensource products that easily support DHIS2, RapidPro, ...

Regards,
Ben

Jennifer Shivers

Sep 4, 2018, 8:10:59 AM9/4/18
to traore.b...@gmail.com, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
For a project I was on, we did an analysis of several tools.  One tool that has not yet been mentioned is OpenFN which is more of a service right now.
Let me know if you want some additional information in the requirements and the analysis we did.
Jennifer

On Aug 31, 2018, at 9:19 AM, traore.b...@gmail.com wrote:

Good morning,
Is there an alternative solution to OpenHIM ? I would still like to be able to compare it to other solutions of the same type (open source or proprietary).

ben traore

Sep 4, 2018, 8:26:40 AM9/4/18
to jennifer....@gmail.com, ohie-imp...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jennifer,
Thank you so much for your answer. That's exactly the kind of preliminary study we want to do. If you can share your analysis with us it will help us a lot.
Cordialement | Regards
Ben Idrissa TRAORE, PMP
Project Manager | Informatics Expert
Email: traore.b...@gmail.com
Linkedin

Richard Stanley

Sep 4, 2018, 12:59:17 PM9/4/18
to traore.b...@gmail.com, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Dear Ben,

I think one important aspect of comparing the OpenHIM and other solutions is that there are existing software tools that connect through it for RapidPro and DHIS2, especially OpenInfoMan which can act as a registry for health workers, facilities, and other needs. So, OpenHIM opens up a wide range of existing tools and interoperability that many others do not.

Hope that helps,
Richard Stanley, Senior Technical Advisor
IntraHealth International

E-mail: carl....@jembi.org

On Fri, Aug 31, 2018 at 4:15 PM ben traore <traore.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Derek,

Thank you very much for all this information. That's exactly what I'm looking for.

Cordialement | Regards

Ben Idrissa TRAORE, PMP
|Informatics Expert
|West African Health Informatics Team (WAHIT)
|West African Health Organization (WAHO)
Profil linkedin | Microsoft transcript (ID:985381 Code:benidrissa)
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/ohie-implementers/b7542908-b00f-4d37-ac67-882226ca5eb1%40googlegroups.com.

traore.b...@gmail.com

Sep 5, 2018, 5:00:08 AM9/5/18
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Thank you Richard for the additional information

Regards,
Ben