OHIE

sabri barbaria

Jul 18, 2017, 7:28:35 AM7/18/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hello,

I installed openHIM, openEMPI, openMRS and openSHR in an attempt to make an OHIE.
and i installed the XDS mediator for openHIM.

But i don't know how to connect these applications with each other or how to test my OHIE with an external system ( another openMRS installed on an independent machine).

If anyone can help me and give me pointers it would be much appreciated.
Best regards,
Sabri

Carl Fourie

Jul 21, 2017, 7:36:52 AM7/21/17
to sabri barbaria, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN), Philip Zuniga
Hi Sabri

Hope you are well - setting up OpenHIE requires that each component be set up and configured for your use case. I'm not sure if you've seen the work of the OpenHIE Sandbox community (https://wiki.ohie.org/display/resources/OpenHIE+Sandbox) and the demo of OpenHIE that is being worked on: https://wiki.ohie.org/display/resources/OpenHIE+Demo?

Is there a particular workflow that you want to test from OpenHIE? I'm also including Philip from the SIL-ASIA lab who have setup and are investigating OpenHIE too -- they may be able to help with some of the technical questions.

Regards
Carl

Regards
Carl Fourie
Senior Program Manager | Digital Health Division
Jembi Health Systems |  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 71 540 4477 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: carl.fourie17 | Doodle Event Schedule (https://beta.doodle.com/carl.fourie)
E-mail: carl....@jembi.org
Physical Address: Unit 3B, 5A-C, Tokai on Main, 382 Main Road, Tokai, Cape Town, South Africa (Map Link)

Email Disclaimer:
This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies is not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability of whatsoever nature for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

sabri barbaria

Jul 21, 2017, 8:07:10 AM7/21/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Carl

Thank you for replying.

First , i want to see if all the apps i already installed are communicating among each other. i want to know how to test the communication ( i followed the tutorials of each app individually and they're functioning well without errors but i have no way to know if they're communicating ' linked ' or not and i followed this tutorial : https://wiki.ohie.org/display/resources/How+to+install+OpenHIE+1.0  and done the configuration )

As for the workflow. I want to test if i can create a patient via open MRS and see if it was saved in the OHIE system and if i can access the data of this patient from another machine (another openMRS).

Regards
Sabri

Carl Fourie

Jul 21, 2017, 8:35:47 AM7/21/17
to sabri barbaria, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN), Richard Langford, philip zuniga
Thanks Sabri for the response,

Out of curiosity where are you based? Africa? Asia? Americas?

A few points to check is:

Have you setup the OpenHIM and the Mediators / Channels to connect the apps to the middleware? This then forms the HIE interoperability interface to support your Point of Service (POS) like OpenMRS, communicating to the OpenHIE implementation?

Secondly last I remember I don't recall that OpenMRS comes straight out of the box with the functionality to do data exchange to OpenHIE. There are a few modules that may exist that you would need to configure.

@Richard Langford: you've spent some time here can you help Sabri where possible?

Regards

sabri barbaria

Jul 21, 2017, 9:57:19 AM7/21/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)

Hi Carl

Thank you for your time I'm based in Africa exactly from tunisia

I followed the tutorial from the Openhim.org site and i tested it on my local machine and it worked.

I installed xds.b mediator in openHIM but the openMRS (with the xds.b module installed in it) is not communicating with the OpenHIE implementation.

I do now that i need certain modules for openMRS to communicate with the rest of the openHIE  in my case i installed everything that is needed as i followed this document : https://wiki.openmrs.org/display/docs/Case+Based+Reporting+Module. but i couldn't find the case report module for the openMRS.

Regards,
Sabri

richard....@jembi.org

Jul 21, 2017, 10:29:22 AM7/21/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Sabri,

Please confirm what version of OpenMRS you are running?

Please see the following article as it may assist with the setup?

Thank you

richard....@jembi.org

Jul 24, 2017, 2:24:30 AM7/24/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Good morning Sabri,

How did this go?

sabri barbaria

Jul 24, 2017, 4:23:48 AM7/24/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Good morning richard,

Sorry for the delay.

My openMRS version is 1.12.0

the link you sent me for the interoperability layer group didn't have relevant informations.

omar is having the same issue as me concerning how to connect the OHIE system together.

Regards,
Sabri

Ryan Crichton

Jul 24, 2017, 5:44:48 AM7/24/17
to sabri barbaria, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Sabri,

The connection are setup via the config in each application. If they are setup correctly then you should be able to send a test HL7 v2 message to the SHR via the PIX/PDQ OpenHIM channel. You can also test the setup of the SHR by using this test harness - https://github.com/jembi/openshr-validation-tests/tree/master/xds.b.

If you want to send patient data to the SHR and retrieve it you may need to have a look at this module instead for the client OpenMRS systems. Not it is only a proof of concept and you may need to do some work on it or create a new module for your needs - https://github.com/justin-fyfe/openmrs-module-openhie-client

Hope this helps. Unfortunately there is no easy way to setup all the OpenHIE components in one go and the OpenMRS modules are mostly context specific. So it will require some dev work and understanding of the standard message formats to get the exchange operational.

Cheers,
Ryan

Ryan Crichton
Lead Developer, Jembi Health Systems  SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27845829934 | Skype: ryan.graham.crichton
E-mail: ry...@jembi.org

sabri barbaria

Jul 24, 2017, 6:03:41 AM7/24/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Thank you all
I will try these solutions and I'll keep you in touch

Alvin Marcelo

Jul 24, 2017, 6:20:51 AM7/24/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN), PGH Interoperability Laboratory, Ryan Crichton, sabri barbaria
Dear all,

Looping in the AeHiN team to see if they have updates given their work in one of the local governments connecting their HOSPITAL Bahmni with the frontline OpenMRS...

Philip, pls  share updates --

Dr. Alvin B. Marcelo

Technology Transfer and Business Development Office
Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research
University of the Philippines Manila
2nd Floor Damian Hall, Old CAMP Building
Padre Faura, Ermita, Manila, Philippines 1000
Phone: +632 310 5731; Telefax: +632 310 5727

--
Disclaimer:

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is intended for the named recipients only and is confidential. It may also be privileged or otherwise protected by law. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete it and any attachments from your system. You may not copy or disclose its contents to anyone.

sabri barbaria

Jul 24, 2017, 6:35:43 AM7/24/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)

hello Ryan

I ran the XDS.b test and it give me the following error and i want to ask if you know how to fix this

cheers,

Ryan Crichton

Jul 24, 2017, 8:09:52 AM7/24/17
to sabri barbaria, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
It looks like the XDS Repository (The OpenSHR OpenMRS instance) is returning an error. You should have a look at it's log and see if that helps with what is going wrong.

Cheers,
Ryan

omar nasraoui

Aug 1, 2017, 3:50:45 AM8/1/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hello Everyone,

I followed the instruction on this page : https://wiki.ohie.org/display/resources/How+to+install+OpenHIE+1.0
but when i got to the part about XDS.b registry the links provided in that page didn't work (i can not connect to those pages).

Can anyone help me with a solution or an alternative for this step of the installation.

Best Regards,
Omar

Derek Ritz

Aug 1, 2017, 9:23:38 AM8/1/17
to omar nasraoui, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)

Hi Omar – I’m not actually a member of the OpenSHR developer team, but as a community member I do recall that modifications were made to OpenXDS so that it would support important features for OpenHIE. Please, can you maybe try the codebase found here: https://github.com/jembi/openxds.

I will hope that others who are more familiar with this source code can wade in with their comments and suggestions about whether this is the right XDS.b product to use.

Warmest regards,

Derek.

Derek Ritz, P.Eng, CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

omar nasraoui

Aug 1, 2017, 9:29:23 AM8/1/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)

Hi Derek,

Thank you for your reply, i will try this and hopefully it will work.

I will keep you updated.

Best Regards,
Omar

Ryan Crichton

Aug 2, 2017, 3:00:40 AM8/2/17
to omar nasraoui, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Omar,

Derek is right we forked the OpenXDS registry to add a few new features. It would be betterif you give that a go. We also have a debian package to make the setup easier - https://github.com/jembi/openshr#setting-up-the-openshr-on-ubuntu-from-a-ppa-1404-trusty

That may help as well.

Cheers,
Ryan

omar nasraoui

Aug 2, 2017, 3:32:48 AM8/2/17
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Ryan,

thank you for the information, i'll try it and i'll keep you updated.

Best Regards,
Omar