Telemedecine

omar nasraoui

Feb 12, 2018, 6:34:26 AM2/12/18
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hello,

I hope everyone is in good health.

I would like your help regarding a matter.

I was asked if there's an telemedecine application that can be integrated with openHIE and since i don't know this domaine well i wanted to ask experienced people .

If any of you can help me it would be much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Omar

Isaiah Nyabuto

Feb 12, 2018, 8:09:40 AM2/12/18
to omar nasraoui, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Omar,

Thank you.  Firstly, the OpenHIE is a standard and a global initiative for healthcare interoperability. It helps to model different use cases or contexts that require integrations and defines the appropriate profiles that can be implemented for health information exchange. Please see of examples of supported profiles. https://wiki.ohie.org/display/documents/OpenHIE+Standards+and+Profiles

The different profiles can then be implemented by an interoperability layer, the OpenHIM. http://openhim.org/

There are many telemedicine solutions out there and all can be integrated by OpenHIM once their profiles are defined by OpenHIE.

Thank you.

Isaiah Nyabuto
+254 729 572 616
Bsc. Health Records Management & Informatics, JKUAT.

omar nasraoui

Feb 12, 2018, 8:38:50 AM2/12/18
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi Isaiah

Thank you for your reply.

I want to know if there are any existing telemedecine applications that can integrate with openHIM.

If you can give me the link to applications that are open source and follows the OpenHIE standards that would be of great help.

Best regads,
Omar

Carl Fourie

Feb 13, 2018, 1:27:56 AM2/13/18
to omar nasraoui, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Good Day Omar

To my knowledge I'm not familiar with any open source Telemedicine platform that is aligned with the OpenHIE patterns -- happy for others to correct me.

Carl Fourie
Senior Programmes Coordinator
Jembi Health Systems NPC | SOUTH AFRICA
Mobile: +27 71 540 4477 | Office: +27 21 701 0939 | Skype: carl.fourie17

This e-mail contains proprietary and confidential information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail and then deleting same. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. Jembi Health Systems NPO, its subsidiaries and associated companies are not liable for the security of information sent by e-mail and accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss, damage or expense resulting, directly or indirectly, from the access of this e-mail or any attachments hereto.

Derek Ritz

Feb 13, 2018, 4:31:25 AM2/13/18
to Carl Fourie, omar nasraoui, OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)

My recollection is that there was a RapidPro implementation connected to OpenHIE as part of the TZ  immunization registry project. I will welcome BID project teammates confirming if this is still the case.

Warmest regards,

Derek

Derek Ritz, P.Eng, CPHIMS-CA

ecGroup Inc.

+1 (905) 515-0045

This communication is intended only for the party to whom it is addressed, and may contain information which is privileged or confidential. Any other delivery, distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited and is not a waiver of privilege or confidentiality.

omar nasraoui

Feb 13, 2018, 5:24:44 AM2/13/18
to OpenHIE Implementers Network (OHIN)
Hi

Thank you all for your swift replies

and Derek i hope the BID project team mates will reply favorably soon

Best Regards,
Omar