Google oAuth

AdventurePandah

Jan 24, 2020, 4:26:11 AM1/24/20
to OAuth PHP
Hi there,

I just had a exam for development. In this exam they asked to check a snipped code and say if the Two factor authentication is applied succesfully.
Instead of using the Google authenticator or something like that, they used Google oAuth.
I always thought that Google oAuth isn't a 2-factor authentication. Is Google oAuth a Two Factor Authentication?

Regards,
Bas

Marc Worrell

Jan 24, 2020, 4:33:31 AM1/24/20
to oaut...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bas,

OAuth is a method for secure authorization of requests between websites.

It uses a method where, as a site visitor, you agree that a site has access to the information stored on another website.

If you are looking for an example of 2FA, in our Zotonic CMS we implement 2FA in mod_auth2fa.

It uses TOTP (as supported by Google Authenticator et al) and displays the QR code for the user to scan.

Cheers, Marc