[NWRUG] February 20th - Faster than Lightning Talks

Brandon Burton

Jan 17, 2020, 5:32:37 AM1/17/20
to nwrug-...@googlegroups.com
Hey folks,

While you're recovering from last night's challenge, we're looking ahead to February's meet-up and would like to get as many people involved as possible, hence the early email!

For next month's meet-up we'll be running 'Faster than Lightning' talks. What are 'Faster than Lightning' talks I hear you say/ They are a series of very short and informal talks based around a snippet of code or workflow tip that you find interesting (good or bad). Or maybe it's a bit of code you need help with.

It's important to note that nothing is too simple.

If you have an idea for a talk then submit it to in...@nwrug.org. Don't worry if you only think of something on the night, we should be able to accommodate last minute additions.

More details will be posted on the NWRUG site soon.

Cheers,
Brandon

Brandon Burton

Feb 7, 2020, 5:23:43 AM2/7/20
to nwrug-...@googlegroups.com
Just a reminder that there's under two weeks to prepare your faster-than-lightning talk!

We're looking forward to seeing you all in a couple of weeks and hearing about those tidy solutions that solve large problems
or maybe single lines of code that cause big problems!

See you soon,
Brandon

Tekin Süleyman

Feb 14, 2020, 7:23:38 AM2/14/20
to NWRUG Group
Hi folks,

Just under a week until our faster than lightning talks event and we’re on the look out for some more talks.

You can present something super-simple and super-short, a couple of minutes is ideal. Perhaps you’ve recently used a new pattern or library and found it helpful. Or maybe there’s a new feature in the latest version of Ruby that you can tell us about.

These faster-than-lightning talks are a great opportunity to give your first talk and share something with the community. Our group is able to exist through the contribution of you, our members.

If you have an idea, drop us a line at in...@nwrug.org.

All the details over on the website: https://nwrug.org/events/faster-than-lightning-2020

Cheers,

Tekin

Brandon Burton

Feb 19, 2020, 9:35:28 AM2/19/20
to nwrug-...@googlegroups.com
Good afternoon everyone,

Just a reminder that our Faster-than-Lightning talks are happening tomorrow night! We have a number of talks for the evening but may have room for late entries depending
on how fast we progress through our list of speakers.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Cheers,
Brandon

Brandon Burton

Feb 20, 2020, 4:48:23 AM2/20/20
to nwrug-...@googlegroups.com
Just a quick update. We have some talk titles for you to give you an idea of what to expect tonight:

  • Visualising technical debt - Stephen Wootten
  • Visualising GraphQL Schemas - Elizabeth Dalton
  • Exceptions in threads - James Cotterill
  • Breaking down monoliths... with science! - Stephen Forrest
  • Eql vs Eq: an RSpec observation - Iain Kinnish
  • What Makes the Perfect Trello Ticket - Megan Lovett
  • How to Slow Down Your Test Suite - Brandon Burton

See you all later this evening!