Thursday 19 August: The future shape of Ruby

Tekin Süleyman

Aug 13, 2021, 6:05:58 AM8/13/21
to NWRUG Group
Hi folks,

We’re pausing the pause for this month as our fellow Rubyist Chris Seaton has stepped forward to give a talk for us next Thursday: The future shape of Ruby.

TruffleRuby uses an optimisation called object shapes to optimise Ruby. It automatically learns and understands the layout and types, or the shape, of your objects as your code is running and optimises code to work better with those shapes. As the community tries to make MRI faster, it could be time to adopt object shapes there as well. We’ll talk about what TruffleRuby does, how it does it, and the benefits it achieves in practice.

This is a sneak peak of the talk Chris will be keynoting with at Ruby Kaigi next month.

Full details, including registration, over on our website: https://nwrug.org/events/august-2021-the-future-shape-of-ruby

See you next week!

Tekin

Tekin Süleyman

Aug 18, 2021, 10:39:57 AM8/18/21
to NWRUG Group
Hi folks,

Reminder that this is happening online tomorrow evening at 6:45pm. Sign up details over here: