How to build with client side decoration?

Jonas Frei

Jun 24, 2015, 12:19:00 PM6/24/15
to nuvola-pl...@googlegroups.com
From what I understand, nuvolaplayer should detect automatically whether client side decorations are supported and should enable it in that case. However, this is not the case with my installation. I'm using the Arch-package "nuvolaplayer-git 2015.06.09.0d482d6-1". I also tried to build it manually, but I couldn't find any way to enable client side decorations in the configuration-script.I'm have Gnome 3.16.2 installed. Am I missing something?

fenryxo

Jun 24, 2015, 4:40:18 PM6/24/15
to nuvola-pl...@googlegroups.com, fre...@gmail.com

On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 6:19:00 PM UTC+2, Jonas Frei wrote:
From what I understand, nuvolaplayer should detect automatically whether client side decorations are supported and should enable it in that case.

That is not accurate. Nuvola Player (libdiorite) doesn't check whether client side decorations are supported, but it tries to guess whether it is running under GNOME Shell and then uses client side decorations.

https://github.com/tiliado/diorite/blob/master/src/gtk/ApplicationWindow.vala#L72

However, this is not the case with my installation. I'm using the Arch-package "nuvolaplayer-git 2015.06.09.0d482d6-1". I also tried to build it manually, but I couldn't find any way to enable client side decorations in the configuration-script.I'm have Gnome 3.16.2 installed. Am I missing something?

Is your desktop shell GNOME Shell? You can play with DIORITE_GUI_MODE variable, but it is only for testing.

https://github.com/tiliado/diorite/blob/master/README.md#environment-variables
https://github.com/tiliado/diorite/blob/master/src/gtk/application.vala#L163

Regards,

Jiří Janoušek

Jonas Frei

Jun 25, 2015, 4:35:42 PM6/25/15
On Wednesday, June 24, 2015 at 10:40:18 PM UTC+2, fenryxo wrote:
> Is your desktop shell GNOME Shell? You can play with DIORITE_GUI_MODE variable, but it is only for testing.

setting DIORITE_GUI_MODE=gnome does the trick. I'm running GNOME Shell though, so the detection doesn't seem to work properly.

fenryxo

Jun 25, 2015, 5:37:44 PM6/25/15
to nuvola-pl...@googlegroups.com, fre...@gmail.com

That's interesting. Everything works fine with GNOME Shell 3.14.4 out of the box. Have you modified you GNOME Shell instance somehow, possibly with some GNOME Shell extensions?

Jonas Frei

Jul 1, 2015, 12:46:26 PM7/1/15
to nuvola-pl...@googlegroups.com, fre...@gmail.com
I have some GNOME Shell extensions active, but no specialized build or so. It's the stable out of the box Arch package.

Jiří Janoušek

Jul 4, 2015, 4:59:10 AM7/4/15
to nuvola-pl...@googlegroups.com
I plan to implement a better detection of window managers. Could you
take a look at the related ticket (link bellow) and add identification
of GNOME Shell on your system?

https://github.com/tiliado/diorite/issues/2

On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 6:46 PM, Jonas Frei <fre...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have some GNOME Shell extensions active, but no specialized build or so. It's the stable out of the box Arch package.

Jonas Frei

Jul 5, 2015, 9:51:14 AM7/5/15
to nuvola-pl...@googlegroups.com
I added my information on the github page. Hope it helps.