Hybrid mailbox creation.

Jim Kennedy

Jun 1, 2021, 3:50:33 PM6/1/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

This is for the school district I am still helping. Here is the scenario, we have an automated system that creates student accounts in AD. We have on prem Exchange for staff and are adding email for students. We want them on O365.

Hybrid is up and running well but we have one issue.

The automated system creates a new student in AD, that syncs to the cloud fine but does not create a mailbox. If we run:

Enable-RemoteMailbox -Identity "Jim" -RemoteRoutingAddress JimA...@elyriaschoolsorg.mail.onmicrosoft.com

The mailbox is created and all is well.

Any thoughts on automating this process?

Mike

Jun 1, 2021, 3:53:52 PM6/1/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com
How does the automated system create the AD account? Can it run New-RemoteMailbox?

Jim Kennedy

Jun 1, 2021, 3:57:39 PM6/1/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

Not sure, we just pinged them to find out about that also.

Michael B. Smith

Jun 1, 2021, 4:28:39 PM6/1/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

That’s certainly the way I’d want to proceed if possible.

Perisa, Nik

Jun 1, 2021, 11:50:22 PM6/1/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

i set something up a while ago that runs as a a scheduled task that our service desk runs to create the account/mailbox/o365 license assignment etc...

We have a hybrid environment, exchange 2019 and o365, no local mailboxes

This is the step in the script, after this it needs to sync to o365 etc...

#Create Exchange User