Update Exchange from CU 23 to newest July CU23 update. Help!

Denes, Laszlo

Aug 31, 2021, 9:11:04 AM8/31/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com, Denes, Laszlo

Hello Everyone,

This is going to be a stupid question, but since I never do this it is only stupid for me. LOL!

We are on Exchange Server

Exchange Server 2013 CU23        June 18, 2019     15.0.1497.2         15.00.1497.002

And I need to get to

Exchange Server 2013 CU23 Jul21SU       July 13, 2021       15.0.1497.23       15.00.1497.023

We have two 2013 Exchange Servers (with DAG and clustered with witness).

My understanding is that there is a complex procedure involved to do this for example

https://enterpriseit.co/microsoft-exchange/install-exchange-update-rollups-on-dag/

but I have also read that you can set it to do it automatically through Windows Update and I see KB5004778 listed under Windows Updates.

Can I just install it (separate from other updates of course) or do I have to do anything before or after if it is run from Windows Update?

Really appreciate any insights and I thank you humble in advance for your time.

Laszlo Denes

Technical Analyst Servers

Information Systems

The Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre

650 Church Street, Toronto, ON M4Y 2G5

t: 416-925-2251 ext. 214

f: 416-925-3211

lde...@torontograce.org

www.torontograce.org

cid:image004.png@01D3936C.4940F060 cid:image006.png@01D3936C.4940F060 cid:image008.png@01D3936C.4940F060 File:Instagram icon.png - Wikimedia Commons

Exceptional and compassionate care for all.

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, may contain privileged or confidential information and is intended for use only by the individual to whom it is specifically addressed (or those responsible for the delivery of the message to such person). Any distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify us by reply email and permanently delete the original transmission from us. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions about this message please contact the Information Systems Department, Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre, 650 Church St., Toronto, ON M4Y 2G5. Phone: (416) 925-2251

Michael B. Smith

Aug 31, 2021, 10:45:55 AM8/31/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

I would never – ever – recommend you apply Exchange patches via Windows Update.

   File:Instagram icon.png - Wikimedia Commons

Exceptional and compassionate care for all.

NOTICE: This message, including any attachments, may contain privileged or confidential information and is intended for use only by the individual to whom it is specifically addressed (or those responsible for the delivery of the message to such person). Any distribution, copying or disclosure is strictly prohibited without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this message in error, please notify us by reply email and permanently delete the original transmission from us. Thank you for your cooperation. If you have any questions about this message please contact the Information Systems Department, Salvation Army Toronto Grace Health Centre, 650 Church St., Toronto, ON M4Y 2G5. Phone: (416) 925-2251

Denes, Laszlo

Aug 31, 2021, 11:22:12 AM8/31/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

I hear you loud and clear. Do you happen to have a decent article I can look at that outlines the process to go to that CU 23 update (I will call it since it is not a new CU per se). Thanks a bunch J

Laszlo Denes

Technical Analyst Servers

Information Systems

Aug 31, 2021, 1:41:38 PM8/31/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

It is a security update.

I don’t have anything against the article you quoted.

Denes, Laszlo

Sep 1, 2021, 1:44:07 PM9/1/21
to ntexc...@googlegroups.com

Okay cheers. Appreciate that