5G - LTE mobility and interaction

john kujk

Dec 2, 2021, 6:01:47 PM12/2/21
to ns-3-users
Dears all,

I'm a new NS-3 user and I a preparing a master project in mobile communication and I have found that NS3 is an attractive opensource simulator.

my question are:
1- Can we simulate handover events between 5G and LTE and vise versa, i.e., does the simulator support the interaction between 5G layer and LTE layer.
2- If so, is there any mechanism in order to priorities one layer over the other, i.e. can I enforce the UEs to attach to one RAT according to its priority.

Many thank in advanced.

Devanshu Anand

Dec 2, 2021, 6:16:24 PM12/2/21
to ns-3-...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

You can explore the mmWave module in ns3. It offers advanced architectural features (including dual-connectivity). I am attaching a paper for your reference. I hope it helps.

Regards,
Devanshu

--
Posting to this group should follow these guidelines https://www.nsnam.org/wiki/Ns-3-users-guidelines-for-posting

Thanks & Regards,
Devanshu Anand

Doctoral Researcher,
Dublin City University | School of Electronic Engineering
Glasnevin, Dublin 9
Ireland

Séanadh Ríomhphoist/

Email Disclaimer

Tá an ríomhphost seo agus aon chomhad a sheoltar leis faoi rún agus is lena úsáid ag an seolaí agus sin amháin é. Is féidir tuilleadh a léamh anseo.

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use by the addressee. Read more here.

End-to-End_Simulation_of_5G_mmWave_Networks.pdf