Welding, anyone able to make a frame for me?

Matt Pritchard

Apr 26, 2022, 2:38:17 PM4/26/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
I would request an induction and do it myself but the lead time is long and the welder isn't on the form. Ideally I could do with getting the thing done fairly soon.

I'm just after a relatively simple box frame to mount a big ice maker on (and fit a glasswasher underneath)
Kinda like this:
il_794xN.2294553306_mz93.png

keith tansley

Apr 27, 2022, 8:59:10 AM4/27/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi

I have something similar sitting doing nothing at my allotment. I'll upload a picture later.

Cheers

Keith

keith tansley

Apr 28, 2022, 2:09:57 PM4/28/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi

I have these if they are of any use?

The silver one is 3-4 foot high aluminium(?) and the brown one is around 2 feet high metal. Both very solid.

Any use?

Cheers

Keith

IMG_7101.JPEG
IMG_7100.JPEG

Matt Pritchard

Apr 30, 2022, 11:20:09 PM4/30/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Yeah, one of those might work
Brown looks like a regular cube? Aluminium one is taller than it is wide? If I can get measurements of the gaps between the bars I can work out whether the equipment will fit under them.
What would be easiest? I can meet you at the allotment or would you be able to measure them up next time you're there?

keith tansley

May 1, 2022, 6:00:00 AM5/1/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
I’ll get some measurements over the next couple of days and let you know. Hope they’re of some use.

Sent from my iPhone

On 1 May 2022, at 04:20, Matt Pritchard <dicecu...@gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah, one of those might work

keith tansley

May 9, 2022, 3:07:04 AM5/9/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi

Sorry for the delay.

The measurements are (in inches)

Silver is approx

46 x 26 x 26

Brown is approx

28 x 32 x 32

Hope this helps and happy to show them to you if required. They're based in Aspley and I can be free during the evening.

Cheers

Keith

Matt Pritchard

May 9, 2022, 2:34:08 PM5/9/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic. Looks like the brown one will be a good size.
I have a van so I can come pick it up if that helps? When would be a good time?

keith tansley

May 10, 2022, 4:22:20 AM5/10/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt

I can be there from 6pm anytime this week. Any good for you?

Address is Aspley Ln, Aspley, Nottingham NG8 5GY. It's basically the allotment entrance opposite the Bluecoat school.

Cheers

Keith

Matt Pritchard

May 10, 2022, 9:35:31 AM5/10/22