Laser cutting acrylic ?

craig.so...@gmail.com

Apr 19, 2022, 8:06:35 AM4/19/22
to Nottingham Hackspace - Nottinghack
Hi I have been a member for a while now but have not visited for ages,
I took the induction on the original laser but never actually got around to using the machine after that and have since forgotten everything I was told :(
I see there is another laser now too would I need to be signed off on that one too ?

What I would like to ask is if I provide the material (3mm Acrylic) and the sketch (stl) could someone who is more proficient with the laser cut a small project for me ?

Cheers
Craig

Ian Dickinson

Apr 19, 2022, 8:24:25 AM4/19/22
to notti...@googlegroups.com

Hi Craig,

The space did have an A2 laser cutter on loan, but that has gone, so we only have the A0 one you did the induction on.

I'd be happy to give you a refresher induction and help you cut the part. Feel free to contact me at:  ian.di...@nottinghack.org.uk

Ideally the drawing needs to be in DXF format.

Regards,

Ian