Popup Window while Autosaving

Frank W

Mar 16, 2021, 7:10:42 AM3/16/21
to Notecase Pro
Similar or same issue as described here. A popup window appears for a tenth of a second while autosaving. It sets the focus on NCP (taskbar icon blinking) while i'm working with another program.

Win10 x64 / NCP 4.5.7 portable

Best regards,
Frank

Miroslav Rajcic

Mar 17, 2021, 12:47:46 AM3/17/21
to Notecase Pro
Thanks, will check the issue.

Regards,
  Miro

Jun 3, 2021, 3:47:30 PM6/3/21
to Notecase Pro
Hi Frank,
this issue should be fixed in the latest build here:
Can you give it a try?

Regards,
  Miro

Jun 6, 2021, 1:08:47 PM6/6/21
to Notecase Pro
@Miro,
I've tested your latest build and the problem seems to be solved!

I'm somewhat impressed that the new version occupies about 600 mb of storage space. Is this the new normal our days?

Best regards,
Frank

Miroslav Rajcic

Jun 6, 2021, 3:37:31 PM6/6/21
to Notecase Pro
Hi Frank,
as far as I know, the majority of the size is due to GTK, Gstreamer and GtkSourceView libraries (i.e. SW stack I depend on).
I'll see what can be improved there.

Regards,
  Miro

Sent: Sunday, June 6, 2021 7:08 PM
To: Notecase Pro <noteca...@googlegroups.com>

Paul Merrell

Jun 6, 2021, 5:33:25 PM6/6/21
to Notecase Pro
On Sun, Jun 6, 2021 at 10:08 AM Frank W <sen...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'm somewhat impressed that the new version occupies about 600 mb of storage space. Is this the new normal our days?

The download is only 162 MB on my system.

Best regards,

Paul
--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National Security Agency neither confirms nor denies that it intercepted this message.]
                                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Miroslav Rajcic

Jun 7, 2021, 1:20:29 AM6/7/21
to Notecase Pro
I assume the 600MB is the size when installed (i.e. unpacked).

Regards,
  Miro

Jun 7, 2021, 5:26:37 AM6/7/21
to Notecase Pro
portable install:

ncp.png

Best regards,
Frank

Paul Merrell

Jun 7, 2021, 11:08:21 AM6/7/21
to Notecase Pro

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 2:26 AM Frank W <sen...@gmail.com> wrote:
portable install:

ncp.png

Best regards,
Frank

Ah, my mistake.

 Is there a portable install for the Win64-bit version now? I thought that was limited to the Win32 builds. But the download's filename says 64-bit ("mingw64"). Or is that just the compiler?

Frank W

Jun 7, 2021, 11:40:54 AM6/7/21
to Notecase Pro
That's what the About popup tells me:

ncp2.png

Best regards,
Frank

Miroslav Rajcic

Jun 7, 2021, 1:19:36 PM6/7/21
to Notecase Pro
Portable mode should in theory work with any Windows-based build.
Note that I did not explicitly test it with Mingw-compiler suite build, so if you notice any issue, let me know.

Regards,
  Miro