Notecase Pro for actual OpenBSD 6.8 (64 bit only) ?

basso...@googlemail.com

Jan 17, 2021, 9:37:19 AM1/17/21
to Notecase Pro

Hello Miroslav,

even though I think I'm the only OpenBSD guy here -

do I have any change to get a actual notecase pro binary for OpenBSD 6.8 64 bit?

There's no hurry but the last working binary was for version 6.5 one and a half year ago and with tricks I did get it to work under 6. 6 and 6.7.
No chance with the actual version 6.8, my manually set symlinks are crippled up and the libraries had too much changes since then.

Again: no hurry.

Greetings from Cologne (ok, the area of Cologne)

Andre

Miroslav Rajcic

Jan 17, 2021, 12:35:09 PM1/17/21
to Notecase Pro
Hi Andre,

sure, I'll create a OpenBSD VM and update the official build to OpenBSD 6.8.
I'll probably have more time during the next weekend though.

If anyone uses OpenBSD 6.5, please let me know, I plan to discontinue it once v6.8 becomes available.

Regards,
  Miro

Jan 22, 2021, 2:51:12 AM1/22/21
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andre,
The test build for OpenBSD 6.8 using GTK3 is available here:

Can you give it a try? If no issues found, I can add it to the official downloads page (replacing older OpenBSD 6.5 build).

Regards,
  Miroslav

Jan 22, 2021, 6:22:20 AM1/22/21
to Notecase Pro
Hello Miroslav,

thank you very much.
I just installed it but I have some Issues with the dependencies.

I also installed gtksourceview3-xxxx, but there's another library missing which belongs to the standard C library: libc++abi.
I'm no programmer so I don't know in which C++- package this library is included... can you tell me the actual notecase dependencies?

Best regards
Andre

basso...@googlemail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 6:36:46 AM1/22/21
to Notecase Pro
I also installed llvm but that did not the trick... ;)

Miroslav Rajcic

Jan 22, 2021, 6:51:17 AM1/22/21
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
Hi Andre,

the program should need these packages:
gtksourceview3  (gtk3 is dependency of this so no need to install gtk3 explicitly)
libexecinfo
gstreamer1-plugins-base

The compiler used was the default one clang/clang++, but llvm should have helped here.
Can you check if you have installed the packages listed above? Perhaps some of these is missing?

Regards,
  Miroslav

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 12:36 PM

Miroslav Rajcic

Jan 22, 2021, 7:06:47 AM1/22/21
to noteca...@googlegroups.com
It seems pkglocate command can give an answer what package installed some file.
To install pkglocate:
# pkg_add -r pkglocatedb

To find answer to your question:
# pkglocate /usr/lib/libc++abi.so.3.0
base68:/usr/lib/libc++abi.so.3.0

So it seems package name is "base68"

Regards,
  Miroslav

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 12:51 PM
To: noteca...@googlegroups.com <noteca...@googlegroups.com>

basso...@googlemail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 8:07:33 AM1/22/21
to Notecase Pro
Hello Miroslav,

base68 is the always installed OpenBSD standard base package - I think it could be a problem of the branch I use at the office , it's 6.8-current (with a lot of weekly updates), not 6.8-stable.

/usr/lib/libc++abi.so.3.0 is present but it requests a higher version at start, so I think it's a current-brach problem.

I will test notecase pro this evening at home with a fresh 6.8 install and report later...

Best regards
Andre

basso...@googlemail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 9:56:50 AM1/22/21
to Notecase Pro
Hallo Miroslav,

I couldn't wait this long .... ;)

It was a 6.8-current problem.  Your hint with /usr/lib/libc++abi.so.3.0 was helpful:
when notecase startet it missed libc++abi.so.5.0.

I did a whole new upgrade to -current and now it runs perfect!

I still will install it at home on a fresh 68-stable so that it matches your setup...

Ha, fine! Well done!

Greetings
Andre

(the screenshot is from NotecasePro running on OpenBSD 6.8-current on an I3 window manager)

notecase_on_Openbsd.png

and it looks similar to the version running on my MAC:

notecase_on_mac.png

basso...@googlemail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 10:09:21 AM1/22/21
to Notecase Pro
...aah, and the settings are yet different on both systems...

Greetings
Andre

Miroslav Rajcic

Jan 22, 2021, 10:11:24 AM1/22/21
to Notecase Pro
Hopefully this is not related to a Notecase issue 🙂

Regards,
  Miroslav

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 4:09 PM

To: Notecase Pro <noteca...@googlegroups.com>
...aah, and the settings are yet different on both systems...

Greetings
Andre

basso...@googlemail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 11:04:46 AM1/22/21
to Notecase Pro
No, that's for sure a user-issue located in front of the systems :-))))

basso...@googlemail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 4:11:38 PM1/22/21
to Notecase Pro
Hello Miroslav,

installation runs as expected on 6.8-stable. No further tweaking required and no issues so far.

Thank you very much!

Best regards
Andre

Miroslav Rajcic

Jan 23, 2021, 8:41:20 AM1/23/21
to Notecase Pro
Great, will make this build an official one.

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 10:11 PM