Saving as Encrypyed ncde crashes Notecase Pro.

wester...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2020, 8:25:28 AM9/24/20
to Notecase Pro
NCP 4.5.5 using Windows 10 (all updates).

Hi Everyone, hope you're all doing well.

Any time I try to save as an Encrypted ncde file the program becomes unresponsive and I have to shut it down through Windows.

This happens on two different computers.

Thanks,
Larry

wester...@gmail.com

Sep 24, 2020, 8:28:22 AM9/24/20
to Notecase Pro
Forgot to mention-

GTK3 Beta Build.

Miroslav Rajcic

Sep 24, 2020, 9:17:09 AM9/24/20
to Notecase Pro
Hi Larry,

do you get any crash log generated?
If the issue is 100% reproducible, you can enable debug log generation by adding this to .ini file:
[Debug]
DumpCrashLog=1

and then start the program. Without log, I can only guess.

Regards,
  Miro

Sep 25, 2020, 8:31:04 AM9/25/20
to Notecase Pro
Hi Miro,
  Unfortunately I re-installed the previous releases after I couldn't get it to save on either computer so I can't send a log.
If I get a chance this weekend I'll re-install it and run the log then.
It was reproducible as it happened every time on both of them.  I even tried creating a new file and saving it as ncde and that crashed all the time also.
This happened across many days, so the computers were shut down and restarted many times during that period.

Thanks,
Larry

wester...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2020, 7:21:50 PM9/25/20
to Notecase Pro
Where is the .ini file?  I searched in the NCP directory but didn't find any.

Paul Merrell

Sep 25, 2020, 7:33:36 PM9/25/20
to Notecase Pro
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 4:21 PM wester...@gmail.com
<wester...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Where is the .ini file? I searched in the NCP directory but didn't find any.

It's in the .notecase directory. For the location in your operating
system, see Help file > Installing and Upgrading > NoteCase Pro File
Locations > .notecase Directory.

Note that after installing a new virgin instance of NoteCase Pro,
there will not be an .ini file until you have launched and closed NC
Pro for the first time. After that, the .ini file will be overwritten
by a new one each time NC Pro closes. That is so that any setting
changes will be saved. This is also why you should never manually edit
the .ini file while NC Pro is running. Any edits would be overwritten
when you close NC Pro.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message: The U.S. National
message.]

wester...@gmail.com

Sep 25, 2020, 7:51:58 PM9/25/20
to Notecase Pro
Thanks,
 Found the .notecase directory in the Users directory, figured it'd be in there since nothing in the installation directories.
Added lines to .ini file and sent report.  It's under a different email than what I have linked to here.

Have a good one,
Larry

Miroslav Rajcic

Sep 26, 2020, 1:06:40 AM9/26/20
to Notecase Pro
Hi Larry,

I got one crash log from you uploaded, but it is not what's expected.
There is no "Save as" operation logged, but the program crashed when closing it.

Can you try to reproduce and send the scenario you've described in the emails?

Regards,
  Miro

Sent: Saturday, September 26, 2020 1:51 AM

To: Notecase Pro <noteca...@googlegroups.com>