Color-related bugs / features

Duffy

Jul 20, 2020, 4:41:28 AM7/20/20
to Notecase Pro
Hi,

I have no previous exprecience with Notecase, so maybe what I am going to say is already known and has already been answered.

I think I have found a couple of bugs (or are they features?):

1) when I set a different background color to some words of my text, these colors are correctly displayed on the screen, however when I save that text in a rtf file and open it with a wordprocessor the background colors of those words are not displayed at all (by contrast, the different foreground colors that I have set are correctly displayed). One would expect that whatever one sees displayed in Notecase would also be saved exactly in the same way in an rtf document, but apparently it is not so.

2) I have noticed that the main (default) text color itself is not saved in the rtf, and the rtf document will have just black as text color when opened in a wordprocessor.

Could you please clarify these points?

Thanks

Dufriz

Duffy

Jul 20, 2020, 5:00:52 AM7/20/20
to Notecase Pro
Correction to my previous post: with regard to the first point I mentioned, the customized background colors are not displayed when I open the rtf file with Abiword, as I described, however they are shown correctly when I open the document with LibreOffice. So it seems to be a wordprocessor-related quirk.

Miroslav Rajcic

Jul 20, 2020, 5:12:51 AM7/20/20
to Notecase Pro
Hello,

as you already noticed, RTF has many versions and different editors implement different tags for the same formatting feature.
Default font color is not exported in RTF, you would need to explicitly select all text and assign some text color to it prior to export to RTF.

Regards,
  Miro

Jul 20, 2020, 5:57:45 AM7/20/20
to Notecase Pro
Thanks a lot, Miro.
For the future, is there a bug tracking system where I can report any bugs?
Or is it better that I post them here on this board?

Miroslav Rajcic

Jul 21, 2020, 12:29:27 AM7/21/20
to Notecase Pro
The best way is to report it to me directly to email (support at ...), usually there can be more than one email involved (sending screenshots, sample documents to reproduce the issues, etc)

Regards,
  Miro

Sent: Monday, July 20, 2020 11:57 AM

Paul Merrell

Jul 21, 2020, 1:27:12 AM7/21/20
to Notecase Pro
On Mon, Jul 20, 2020 at 9:29 PM Miroslav Rajcic <mra...@hotmail.com> wrote:
The best way is to report it to me directly to email (support at ...), usually there can be more than one email involved (sending screenshots, sample documents to reproduce the issues, etc)

Contact methods, email address, etc. can be found in the Help file at About NoteCase Pro > Contact.

Best regards,

Paul

--
[Notice not included in the above original message:  The U.S. National Security Agency neither confirms nor denies that it intercepted this message.]
                                                ¯\_(ツ)_/¯