Blockchain/Solid Opensource help

matt allen

Jul 5, 2021, 1:48:27 PM7/5/21
to North East Makers
Hi, I am looking for some help and advice around a project with these two areas, it is possibly an exciting project and if you have experience and or knowledge in these areas, please feel free to get in touch.

Many thanks!

Alistair MacDonald

Jul 5, 2021, 4:27:38 PM7/5/21
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

It has to be said that most blockchain requests get quickly deleted here. That is not to say your idea is a bad one, just that most of them are not good ideas so it might get swept away with the others.

Perhaps you could outline the idea.

Also I don't think Solig has really grabbed people here, but some members use other opencource options.

All the best,

  Alistair

On Mon, 5 Jul 2021, 18:48 'matt allen' via North East Makers, <north-ea...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hi, I am looking for some help and advice around a project with these two areas, it is possibly an exciting project and if you have experience and or knowledge in these areas, please feel free to get in touch.

Many thanks!

matt allen

Jul 6, 2021, 6:35:13 AM7/6/21
to North East Makers
Hi Alistair and anyone else reading... thanks for the heads up, it is a very BIG idea that I have and I need some help with it and how to set out the infrastructure and finesse the front end / back end. It is like I say, a very BIG idea and if I and the team can make it work, it will see a thing of beauty that will drastically change the way business is done on the internet and potentially improve peoples lives in the UK as well as seeing the charity sector blossom. It is not something I can openly discuss in a forum like this at this stage. I hope it will not get deleted before someone sees this and is interested to reply/contact me. Everyone I have spoken to from charities to business advisers, friends family and so on, they all are extremely interested, but lack the technical ability for input into these aspects. So I find myself here and asking for help.

Solid is not a prerequisite I might add, it is just where I am looking at the moment. Perhaps some kind soul can help me with a better way forward. :D

All the best, stay safe! Stay happy!

Alistair MacDonald

Jul 6, 2021, 7:24:28 AM7/6/21
to north-ea...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,

I think I am out then. If I can not get a handle on what the idea is
and what would be required then I shall not waste each other's time.

What I was looking for was what technologies are involved (other than
saying it is blockchain, that is equivalent to saying that it involves
encryption, or that it will run on a Raspberry Pi)? What is the end
goal. Give us the elevator pitch. Who realistically is the market? Who
are you and what do you bring to the table? Why should I be interested
in this? Is it the end goal that you are keeping secret, or the way
you reach it?

Remember that we get a lot of people thought he door with perpetual
motion machine ideas or great ideas with no market. They have the
support of friends and family. Their ideas are big and will change the
world. What differentiates you from them?

All the best,

Alistair