keystone.js, express.js or sails.js which one is best framework for web development (UI)

Bala Kumaran

Nov 7, 2014, 4:31:00 AM11/7/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
I'm new in node.js and mongodb. so now i want develope new web development app using node.js .so i have confused which framework selected in node.js . i haven't no idea  .so once selected any one  framework, all the details go through in net. which one can  i choose .
 choose any one doesn't matter. any query the answer available in net and also references for learn is very important . please any one given idea.thanks in advance

Iyobo Eki

Jul 28, 2015, 11:00:07 AM7/28/15
to nodejs, bala.a...@gmail.com
If you intend to largely use MongoDB, then KeystoneJS is THE choice because of the default DEV-CMS features it comes with, as well as the admin panel all of which work with MongoDB. (Word on the street is this might expand to other datasources but nothing confirmed as of yet)
Even if you don't want to use MongoDB, you can work very easily with whatever DB you want, but you'd be creating your own SQL...which isn't that bad if you actually care about DB performance and/or if you need complex queries.

Sails has no admin panel. But you can use models with any SQL database you want.

Personally, I don't NEED to use models. I can work with SQL.
What I DO need in a framework is for it to have a lot of basic things already in it, like authentication, some sort of backend to log into, etc. because adding these in require quite a bit of custom work. Pure data access on its own is fairly trivial.

So I personally go for KeystoneJS whenever I need to do any full-stack server-side JS.

Adam Reynolds

Jul 28, 2015, 3:52:38 PM7/28/15
to nod...@googlegroups.com, bala.a...@gmail.com
Note keystone  and sails sit on top of express.js and solve different issues (CMS/ connectivity).

In the UK, currently there are 73 jobs mentioning express.js, and 0 jobs mentioning the other two.

You decide.

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/