node-mail + haraka

John Taber

May 9, 2011, 11:53:12 AM5/9/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
has anyone tried to use both mail and haraka to form a pure nodejs mail system ?  we are specificially looking at outbound mail notifications from the server (so wondering best way to specify auth)

Matt

May 9, 2011, 12:31:06 PM5/9/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Why would you need "mail"? Haraka does outbound mail (properly, with queueing and everything) with the "deliver" plugin.

Feel free to email me any questions.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 11:53 AM, John Taber <john.tig...@gmail.com> wrote:
has anyone tried to use both mail and haraka to form a pure nodejs mail system ?  we are specificially looking at outbound mail notifications from the server (so wondering best way to specify auth)

Matt

May 9, 2011, 6:08:09 PM5/9/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Oh I think I misunderstood the question actually. I guess you're wanting to send from your web server, so need an API to Haraka...

Would it be better to have the outbound queue running directly in your web server? Haraka should run there fairly easily (and will need to listen on port 25 anyway to collect bounces), but I've never tried integrating it into anything else.

Alternatively if you just need the deliver.js plugin, I tried to design it so that it would be hackable into something that wasn't Haraka. It's probably imperfect though.

Matt.

Vitaly Puzrin

May 9, 2011, 10:38:43 PM5/9/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Any plans to support OpenDKIM ?

Matt

May 10, 2011, 7:40:11 AM5/10/11
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Patches welcome? ;-)

Personally I've scratched all my itches now. But I'm happy to take the project to much larger scales if people want that. I'll happily keep building documentation (it's pretty good now) and stuff like that, but I'd love to get help on the project for other things - like building a web site, building more plugins, promoting it.

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 10:38 PM, Vitaly Puzrin <vit...@rcdesign.ru> wrote:
Any plans to support OpenDKIM ?

Егор Ильин

Nov 20, 2016, 10:04:58 AM11/20/16
to nodejs
Okay, can you give advice how to build mail server with Haraka, if I want to join it with web-interface? I haven't any expirience with MTA, I'm just react developer.

Matt

Nov 30, 2016, 12:46:52 PM11/30/16
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Haraka is a fully featured mail server - just follow the documentation.

If you want a web interface you probably actually want webmail. Something modern like Rainloop should suit you: https://www.rainloop.net/ - but this has nothing to do with Haraka - it isn't a mail store (IMAP server) which is what a webmail talks to (mostly).

Matt.

Егор Ильин

Dec 1, 2016, 11:07:17 AM12/1/16
to nod...@googlegroups.com

Okay, thanks!

I misunderstood what Haraka in actually is at first.

I`m building the app with mail-based core module. Ideally, that will processing some business tasks and carry authentication function for other modules. I know, it`s foolish to get to work without first examining technology.

Can you advice some books on this subject?

Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/