Are functions of WebGL in browser and node-webgl library same?

Prajwal Sapare

Sep 19, 2016, 8:20:28 PM9/19/16
to nodejs
Hello,

I am using an open-source browser based rendering program. This rendering program makes use of WebGL enabled browser functions. This can be used only at client end.

However I want o use the same code at server end. But, server has no browser interaction. So it needs to be pure javascript code. So for WebGL support I used node-WebGL library. Now my question is, are WebGL functions of this node-WebGL library and inbuilt browser enabled WebGL functions same ?. For ex: consider initShaders function, is this function same in both or are both different? Can I use the same WebGL code at server? or should I rewrite the whole code so that it is compatible with server node.js using node-WebGL ?

Regards,
Prajwal