Does anyone have sizing informaiton for an API server based on Nodejs

Emroz Habib

Dec 30, 2014, 3:11:49 PM12/30/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Currently we are in the process of developing an orchestration layer using Node. this layer will act as a façade to reach out multiple services/datasource to compose client specific response.

Is there any nodejs sizing information available today that we would be able to use as a starting point.

Any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Christopher Rust

Dec 30, 2014, 8:20:59 PM12/30/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com

Can I ask what you mean by sizing information?

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Sapardee

Dec 30, 2014, 8:21:24 PM12/30/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com

May hapijs meets your need.

Branden Visser

Dec 31, 2014, 10:54:09 AM12/31/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
PS:

[1] https://github.com/oaeproject/Hilary

On Wed, Dec 31, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Branden Visser <mrvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Probably the two most important things I've used as a guide is that
> Node.js is single threaded (a single process cannot benefit from
> multiple CPUs) and very low memory footprint.
>
> Anecdotally, in my experience performance testing the Open Academic
> Environment [1], an application that does relatively little business
> logic and has no local caches, I haven't been able to push it above an
> 80Mb memory footprint before it becomes bound by IO or CPU.
>
> I would start with an Amazon t1.micro or Joyent xsmall (~512Mb of
> memory and 1 CPU) and performance test a single process. Decide how
> you need to scale thereafter based on how much load it can sustain
> (are you I/O bound? Memory bound?). Remember you also probably want
> monitoring tools to run on the machines, configuration management,
> etc... Which will impact how much memory and CPU you want on those
> VMs, so just test test test under those conditions.
>
> Hope that helps,
> Branden
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/nodejs/CAGXt7XDHnma_qMou-k2FGKXpLB5JqbkW1PWNM%2BBx%3DG5D%2B16u9g%40mail.gmail.com.

Branden Visser