NEWBIE - How do I delete a yo project directory

Anthony Jackman

Nov 4, 2014, 5:08:24 PM11/4/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Forgive me if this sounds simple.  I am working on a Windows 7 machine and have been playing with yoeman developed directories.  Now that I feel comfortable with that portion of nodejs, I would like to delete all those "playground" directories, since the machine that I am working on is a corporate owned asset.  But when I use the command line "rmdir XXXXXXX /s", it only goes so far into that project before windows tells me that the filename is too long.  I assume this is because of the many many duplicated modules that a (yoeman) project creates and also the way that Windows deletes files and folders.  So, does anyone have another route that I can take to remove these 'playground' directories without doing it by hand??

Aria Stewart

Nov 4, 2014, 5:32:13 PM11/4/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com

> On Nov 4, 2014, at 5:08 PM, Anthony Jackman <energet...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Forgive me if this sounds simple. I am working on a Windows 7 machine and have been playing with yoeman developed directories. Now that I feel comfortable with that portion of nodejs, I would like to delete all those "playground" directories, since the machine that I am working on is a corporate owned asset. But when I use the command line "rmdir XXXXXXX /s", it only goes so far into that project before windows tells me that the filename is too long. I assume this is because of the many many duplicated modules that a (yoeman) project creates and also the way that Windows deletes files and folders. So, does anyone have another route that I can take to remove these 'playground' directories without doing it by hand??

npm install -g rimraf
rimraf XXXXXXX

Windows' old APIs can't deal with new long names. Guess which tools still use the old APIs!

But rimraf has your back -- it's a node module that uses the new APIs that node uses and can work without restrictions.

Adrian Lynch

Nov 4, 2014, 5:32:32 PM11/4/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

Anthony Jackman

Nov 4, 2014, 6:06:25 PM11/4/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Adrian.  I had forgot about selecting the folder and doing a "Shift+Del" action.  Worked like a charm.  You just have to make sure that the folder you have selected is the only one that you want to delete.  Not something to do when your half asleep.

Tony