dumb newb question.

Daniel Smith

Nov 27, 2014, 8:14:36 PM11/27/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
happy thanksgiving all.
i have a dumbo newbie question.
i was looking into web design lately and came across this article:

https://medium.com/cool-code-pal/a-call-for-web-developers-to-deprecate-their-css-1f6430781393

the thing is, in her example she says how the css version is somehow larger than the node version
which to me seems to have a lot more characters.
can someone explain what she means by what she's saying?
thanks a lot.
dan

William Dias

Nov 29, 2014, 1:36:52 AM11/29/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
Hey Dan,

I think the authoress is probably just trolling. She wrote another article talking about node.js replacing javascript (?), that you can read here.

Please don't take this content seriously.

--
Job board: http://jobs.nodejs.org/

William Régis Drawanz Dias
Chief Technology Officer at itquetas
Blog: diaswrd.com

Ryan Schmidt

Nov 29, 2014, 1:37:27 AM11/29/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
The article is complete gibberish. I do not know the author or the web site so I do not know if it is intentional satire, but I really don't see what else it could be. Nothing in that article makes the slightest bit of sense. Please ignore it completely.

If you are a newbie trying to make web sites with node, learn HTML, CSS and JavaScript. Learn them well. Spend years studying them and experimenting with them. Install Node. Try to make a simple web site with Express, Jade and Less. Follow tutorials. Modify them to do different things. Experiment.

Branden Visser

Nov 29, 2014, 1:39:30 AM11/29/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
This article is parody and should not be taken seriously. The joke is
that she is just counting lines, ignoring all the other obvious
benefits that CSS provides.

Brennan Kinney

Nov 30, 2014, 7:43:43 PM11/30/14
to nod...@googlegroups.com
There are a lot of giveaway references that it's a joke such as "California Style Sheets", the correct term is "Cascading Style Sheets". At the end of the article she describes herself as writing programmer-themed urban fiction