Modify parallel diffusivity

Manuel Blesa Cábez

Feb 28, 2020, 4:24:12 AM2/28/20
to NODDI
Dear all,

I'm trying to modify the parallel diffusivity as in Guerrero et al. 2019 (https://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0217118), and I would like to check that what I'm doing is correct.

To change the parallel diffusivity what I do is go to the script models/MakeModel.m, and change the following to lines:

    model.GS.fixedvals(diIdx) = 1.7E-9;
    model.GD.fixedvals(diIdx) = 1.7E-9;

to something like:

    model.GS.fixedvals(diIdx) = 1.2E-9;
    model.GD.fixedvals(diIdx) = 1.2E-9;

Then to call noddi I just use the WatsonSHStickTortIsoV_B0 model. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Manuel

Hui Zhang

Feb 28, 2020, 4:27:41 AM2/28/20
to no...@googlegroups.com
This works although it changes the default permanently.  I recommend that you don't modify MakeModel.m but modify the model structure created by the function.

Gary

Manuel Blesa Cábez

Feb 28, 2020, 10:56:35 AM2/28/20
to NODDI
Hi,

Thanks for your answer!

I prefer to change the default values permanently, because we only work with newborns in our lab.

Best regards,

Manuel