Continuous Import importing too often

Martin McCallion

Jun 8, 2021, 6:13:01 AM6/8/21
to nikola-discuss

Hi all,

I've configured the continuous_import plugin to pull from my Letterboxd feed. It runs on my server twice a day, and it's been working quite nicely. But I've just realised that it pulls everything in the feed every time.

So if I import an entry, make some tweaks on my imported version, and publish those, the next time the plugin runs, my changes get overwritten.

Is there a way to make the plugin only import feed entries that it hasn't already imported?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin McCallion
https://devilgate.org/

Roberto Alsina

Jun 8, 2021, 6:19:46 AM6/8/21
to Nikola—Discuss
That is pretty much how it's intended to work, since it considers the feed to be always right, so it overwrites local modifications.

Making it not do that is a very simple code modification if you feel comfortable with Python. If you don't I can make it configurable.

Martin McCallion

Jun 8, 2021, 8:41:05 AM6/8/21
to Nikola—Discuss

I'm comfortable enough with Python, thanks. I've implemented a change using the start_at value, which was referred to but not really used. I've added support for a special value of 'start_at': 'now' in conf.py, and ignored any posts that are earlier. Works OK for me.

Do you need me to create an issue before I raise a PR?

Cheers,

Martin

--
Martin McCallion
https://devilgate.org/

Roberto Alsina

Jun 8, 2021, 8:51:16 AM6/8/21
to Nikola—Discuss
On Tue, Jun 8, 2021 at 9:41 AM Martin McCallion <mar...@devilgate.org> wrote:

I'm comfortable enough with Python, thanks. I've implemented a change using the start_at value, which was referred to but not really used. I've added support for a special value of 'start_at': 'now' in conf.py, and ignored any posts that are earlier. Works OK for me.

Do you need me to create an issue before I raise a PR?

Nah, just raise it. Thanks for fixing this! I thought I was the only one using it :-)