Doit backend problem in `nikola github_deploy`

Marcelo Huerta

Feb 27, 2021, 10:37:40 AM2/27/21
to nikola-discuss
The command appears to assume that the doit database backend is always dbm, and it doesn't allow to specify a different backend as build does. I used sqlite3 and it failed.

Maybe this problem exists in other commands as well?

Chris Warrick

Feb 27, 2021, 1:29:17 PM2/27/21
to Nikola—Discuss
On Sat, 27 Feb 2021 at 16:37, Marcelo Huerta <marcelo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The command appears to assume that the doit database backend is always dbm, and it doesn't allow to specify a different backend as build does. I used sqlite3 and it failed.
>
> Maybe this problem exists in other commands as well?

`nikola auto` runs `nikola build` as a subprocess, which means it has
to manually pass arguments into that `build` call. I added support for
--db-file and --backend in
https://github.com/getnikola/nikola/pull/3520 . Other Nikola commands
are not affected, since they take the arguments themselves (most
doit-provided commands) or don’t use the database at all (most
Nikola-provided commands).

PGP: 5EAAEA16