Error: Failure running 'wget https://github.com/apache/incubator-pagespeed-ngx/archive/latest.zip -O /tmp/tmp.KFBWSA3AI3/ngx_pagespeed-latest.zip

petter....@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2021, 11:15:32 AM7/7/21
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
I just tried to compile the latest nginx with pagespeed since the new nginx release was 06 July.

When compiling as usual:
bash <(curl -f -L -sS https://ngxpagespeed.com/install) \--nginx-version latest --ngx-pagespeed-version latest

, I now get the following error message:
Error: Failure running 'wget https://github.com/apache/incubator-pagespeed-ngx/archive/latest.zip -O /tmp/tmp.KFBWSA3AI3/ngx_pagespeed-latest.zip', exiting.

It seems that the script can't find the ngx_pagespeed-latest.zip anymore due to that the download location has changed ??
Anyone else seeing the same problem ?

Shane Marsh

Jul 7, 2021, 11:50:09 AM7/7/21
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Hi,

Yeah the automated installer has been broken for many months - seem they have no appetite to fix.

You have two options:
1) Migrate to Apache and install it as a Module.
2) Compile Nginx Manually.

These were the notes I used for compiling manually - hopefully they still work!

** GET MOD PAGESPEED **
mkdir incubator-pagespeed-ngx-latest-stable
cd incubator-pagespeed-ngx-latest-stable
unzip v1.14.33.1-RC1.zip
cd incubator-pagespeed-ngx-1.14.33.1-RC1
tar -xvf psol-1.14.36.1-apache-incubating-x64.tar.gz
cd ../../

** GET NGINX **
cd nginx-1.19.1

** COMPILE **
nginx -V  - make note of configure arguments
./configure --add-module=/home/ubuntu/incubator-pagespeed-ngx-latest-stable/incubator-pagespeed-ngx-1.14.33.1-RC1 << rest of configure arguments >>

make
sudo make install

Good Luck!

Petter Neumann

Jul 7, 2021, 12:02:56 PM7/7/21
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

My main objective was to upgrade to nginx-1.21.1 since I try to keep web servers at latest nginx release level.

I did:

bash <(curl -f -L -sS https://ngxpagespeed.com/install) \--nginx-version latest --ngx-pagespeed-version latest-stable

And it compiled successfully and I'm now at nginx-1.21.1 with pagespeed running, so the pagesped script is not completely broken.

Tri Thức Cộng đồng

Jul 9, 2021, 9:52:03 AM7/9/21
to ngx-pagespeed-discuss
Dear Petter!
Can you guide how to install nginx/1.20.1 & ngx_pagespeed-latest on Centos 7 ?

Petter Neumann

Jul 12, 2021, 6:38:34 AM7/12/21
to ngx-pagesp...@googlegroups.com

I have no experience with Centos 7, but since this is a basch script, it should basically be the same for Ubuntu and Centos.

If you already have nginx installed, please do a nginx -V first to get the compile arguments for your installation, then use these arguments when the basch script ask for additional compile arguments.

/Petter