AWS would like to support Netty

Stephanie Lincoln

Oct 6, 2021, 2:32:27 AM10/6/21
to ne...@googlegroups.com

Hi there!

GitHub Sponsors has a new service in private beta for invoiced customers. It lets companies who can’t pay with a credit card use Sponsors to support open source maintainers like yourself.

AWS is one of our launch partners with this service and has selected you as someone they’d like to support.

The invoiced sponsorship model is slightly different to the regular Sponsors model. In the invoiced sponsorship model, the company purchases an open source health dashboard from GitHub. GitHub then purchases a data license from you to use your open source activity in the dashboard. So the financial relationship is between you and GitHub, instead of you and the company.

When you get a payment from GitHub, we’ll also issue you an invoice for the payment so you can keep track of it in your accounts.

If you aren't a Sponsors Member already, sign up here!

Once approved, you'll need to sign the data provision agreement. The agreement can be found under 'Optional steps' on your GitHub Sponsors account dashboard.

Let me know if you have any questions and I can answer them. You can also write in to GitHub Support if you’re concerned about the source of this message and I can answer them from there 😀

Thanks, Stephanie Lincoln.

Norman Maurer

Oct 6, 2021, 2:34:37 AM10/6/21
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I am the project lead of netty and will come back to you soonish. I need to figure out what to do here :)

Bye
Norman

James Sager

Oct 6, 2021, 12:45:14 PM10/6/21
to Netty discussions
God damned stay the hell away from freaking Amazon!  Amazon are a political force you want NOTHING TO DO WITH! They shut down Parler because Parler gave free speech to Christians and other people of faith.  Amazon censors people's books they don't like.  They keep book promotions down.  Hell they banned me on Twitch last week because we were talking about Problems of Democracy and how bribery + fear can take down institutions such as news, tv and politicians, namely terrorism and drug cartels who even a Mexican President let out a Drug Lord.  If Amazon and Twitch think it is bannable and "hateful" to stand up against terrorists and drug cartels, then Amazon supports terrorists and drug cartels.    They're so freaking evil, they're like right out of 1984 or Farenheight 451

If you go AWS, this java library is DOA and has lost its heart and soul.  Stay the hell away from Amazon!!!

,Jim -Starfighter General on Steam using Netty

James Sager

Oct 6, 2021, 12:46:46 PM10/6/21
to Netty discussions
If they give you money, just take it, and don't do anything they say.  Also let me know where to download the latest version of Netty, it may be the last.