New to the project

Aniket Shaha

Feb 7, 2021, 9:32:56 PM2/7/21
to Netty discussions
Hello everyone,

This is Aniket Shaha, a second year student at BITS Pilani- K.K. Birla Goa campus in India. I'm new here and really interested to contribute to the asynchronous framework that Netty is. Can someone help me provide some resources where I can learn further about them? Also, can someone introduce me to some good first labels for the project?

Thanks. Hoping for a positive response.
Regards,
Aniket Shaha

Matheus Dall'Rosa

Feb 20, 2021, 2:09:39 AM2/20/21
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi Aniket,

is the best resource for who is starting with Netty it explains the concepts, API usage, and
also some of the internals so you can use Netty with knowledge about what is going on.
I have read it and I can say it is not hard to read.

Regards,
Matheus Dall'Rosa

siddharth teotia

Feb 20, 2021, 2:52:26 AM2/20/21
to ne...@googlegroups.com
I agree. The book is really good and everything has been explained clearly to get going with contributing to Netty and/or using Netty in your first project.

I wrote an introductory blog post on using Netty to build a basic rpc layer of your distributed system. Just thought of sharing with the community.