Slow file read

miraj...@gmail.com

Oct 31, 2019, 7:11:09 AM10/31/19
to Netty discussions

I am using the blow code, and see the file transfer on one machine is 51KBPS, however on other machine its 3.5MBPS with similar h/w and n/w configurations.

Can someone give me some pointers what could be causing the slowness in one of the machines.

 public void chunk(io.netty.buffer.ByteBuf request) {

 if (output == null) {

        output = new FileOutputStream(file);

      }

      request.readBytes(output, request.readableBytes());

}

Regards

Miraj

Norman Maurer

Oct 31, 2019, 7:12:35 AM10/31/19
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Did you check how busy your disk IO is via iostat -x 1 ?

Miraj Godha

Oct 31, 2019, 10:43:40 AM10/31/19
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Disc i/o looks fine. I have already checked that.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Netty discussions" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/netty/B5475501-9E8E-470D-B1E5-82FB421A2462%40googlemail.com.