Async Tracing -- Anyone tried?

farid.m...@gmail.com

Aug 9, 2017, 1:30:58 AM8/9/17
to Netty discussions
I was recently looking at the project ParSeq by Linkedin which is an Async framework (not necessarily exactly similar to Netty but some similar concepts) -- and I noticed it has a great ability to perform tracing of the system https://github.com/linkedin/parseq/wiki/Tracing

The framework allows tracing tasks (i.e. PromiseTasks) as they flow through the system:

1 - Providing parent/child relationships to tasks
2 - Propagating stacks across tasks so that you can view how the tasks originated

I was wondering if anyone investigated these concepts in Netty -- specifically in the EventExecutor