Rate limiting number of websocket frames per second in Netty

ss...@upwork.com

Sep 20, 2016, 5:12:28 PM9/20/16
to Netty discussions
Hi,

Is there any way to rate limit the number of websocket frames in Netty? I know we can limit the size of a websocket frame by configuring the property configBuilder.maxWebSocketFrameSize(size). However we want to restrict number of frames also so that nobody can attack by sending too many frames in burst. Also if netty doesn't support this, can someone tell us how to do that in netty even before frame data is buffered in netty? It would be useless to buffer the data in netty if its not going to be processed at all.

Thanks
Sameer