HTTP chunk decoding question

Julien Viet

Apr 16, 2018, 4:30:59 AM4/16/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I'm looking at HTTP chunked decoding bug reported by the community in Vert.x

One bug concerns an invalid chunk size with a missing new line after the chunk size

so instead of

"4\r\n not\r\n"

the chunk is

"4 not\r\n"

which is accepted by Netty decoder because of the whitespace after the digit.

I've checked the HttpObjectDecoder and the reason why it accepts it is that the whitespace seems considered as equals as ";" for encoding extensions.

the HTTP 1.1 spec for chunked mentions that extensions begins with ";"

any explanation for this to be valid ?

Julien

Norman Maurer

May 16, 2018, 2:20:38 PM5/16/18
to Netty discussions
Sorry I totally missed this one.

This does sounds like a bug. Can you open one ?

Julien Viet

Jun 1, 2018, 3:40:31 PM6/1/18
to ne...@googlegroups.com
totally missed your reply :-)