Is this group still active?

Jesus Saves

Apr 30, 2020, 11:42:24 PM4/30/20
to Netrek Clue Games
We had a good turnout on pickled tonight.

Scott Mcleod

May 1, 2020, 8:29:15 AM5/1/20
to Netrek Clue Games
There were people stacked up in the queue.

Sprawl Inc

May 1, 2020, 8:29:22 AM5/1/20
to netrek-c...@googlegroups.com
Not much action here tbh

On 1 May 2020, at 05:42, Jesus Saves <net...@gmail.com> wrote:

We had a good turnout on pickled tonight.

Zachary Uram

May 1, 2020, 11:14:27 AM5/1/20
to netrek-c...@googlegroups.com
It was glorious!

On Fri, May 1, 2020 at 8:29 AM Scott Mcleod <scott.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
There were people stacked up in the queue.

Critter

May 2, 2020, 3:07:39 PM5/2/20
to Netrek Clue Games
HELP - I’d love to jump in... But I’m having a hell of a time getting a working client installed. I can run either an OSX 10.11.6 or Ubuntu 17.10 (intel).

Any help documents that reflect current installation would be much appreciated.

MacTrek 1.5.0 freezes - I did get it to load once but my ship didn’t regenerate.

I’ve tried a bunch of Unix installs (netrek-client-cow) but there are missing files or it won’t run after compiling... I more or less such at Ubuntu, so I would need dummy directions to get there.

Thanks!

Zachary Uram

May 2, 2020, 4:25:44 PM5/2/20
to netrek-c...@googlegroups.com
Search Ubuntu repo for netrek-client-cow. For MacOS search the App store for Netrek. There is a new Netrek client written in Swift.

Zach

Critter

May 3, 2020, 6:05:13 PM5/3/20
to Netrek Clue Games
Ok, I’ve gotten as far as installing COW 3.3.1-4build1. However, I can’t figure out how to edit or add xtrekrc. I need to change some key maps (it’s amazing what I remember 20 years on) and screen size layout. Is this possible? Thanks!

Zachary Uram

May 3, 2020, 6:42:08 PM5/3/20