Netgui: 404 - Not Found [1322148401] Error During Install of VPN

HarryQ

Feb 21, 2015, 10:50:48 PM2/21/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com
I am new to NethServer but was an SME Server user.

I am guessing I am doing something stupid, but I get the error during installing packages, and once the error happens, I cannot get the gui back.  Maybe somebody has some advice for me.

I have a new installation with a single Ethernet connection and want to use it initially as just a VPN server.
For reference, the IP address of my gateway/DHCP server is 10.20.30.1, and I set the IP address of NethServer to 10.20.30.5

I did a clean install and logged in using a browser, and selected the option to install the VPN package, it suggested Samba so I selected that. About 40% of the way through the install, I got this error:

Nethgui:

    404 - Not Found [1322148401]

From then on I tried to refresh https://10.20.30.5:980 but all I got was a blank page.

I did another install from scratch, logged in, this time selected VPN, Samba, and a couple of other packages (backup and UPS support), and got the same error.

Restarting with CTRL-ALT-DEL brings up the server, but I still get a blank page when accessing it from a browser. I noted that even if I type in https://10.20.30.5:980 it goes to https://10.20.30.5:980/en/Dashboard

I can login from the keyboard directly connected to NethServer.

HarryQ

Feb 21, 2015, 10:59:06 PM2/21/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Additional info:  I tried this with both Chrome and Firefox.  With Internet Explorer, I get a certificate exception, when I clicked continue to the webpage, IE reports: "The website declined to show this webpage.  Most likely causes: This website requires you to login."

Davide Principi

Feb 22, 2015, 6:31:26 AM2/22/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Please, tell me what NethServer version you installed: 6.5 or 6.6 beta1? I'll try to reproduce the error.

--davidep

HarryQ

Feb 22, 2015, 11:06:09 AM2/22/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com
I am using version 6.5 that downloaded on 2/21.

ONE OTHER DETAIL: I only have one network connection (Eth0).

Davide Principi

Feb 23, 2015, 6:39:36 AM2/23/15
to HarryQ, neths...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, 2015-02-21 at 19:50 -0800, HarryQ wrote:

> I did a clean install and logged in using a browser, and selected the
> option to install the VPN package, it suggested Samba so I selected
> that. About 40% of the way through the install, I got this error:
>

> Nethgui:
>

> 404 - Not Found [1322148401]
>

> From then on I tried to refresh https://10.20.30.5:980 but all I got
> was a blank page.

[...]
> I can login from the keyboard directly connected to NethServer.
>

> I am using version 6.5 that downloaded on 2/21.

Thank you very much for reporting this problem!

I reproduced the error and I'll file a bug. As a workaround try to
update the system from the root's terminal:

yum clean all
yum update

The web interface should then come back.

--
Davide Principi

#davidep | @davideprincipi | GPG 0x5651EA71

Davide Principi

Feb 23, 2015, 11:08:11 AM2/23/15
On Mon, 2015-02-23 at 12:39 +0100, Davide Principi wrote:
> I reproduced the error and I'll file a bug

http://dev.nethserver.org/issues/3060

HarryQ

Feb 24, 2015, 1:19:03 AM2/24/15
to neths...@googlegroups.com
Davide,

The workaround you provided seems to work, and I am now continuing onward to install and configure additional packages on my Nethserver.

Thank you for your assistance and quick turnaround.

Best regards,

Harry