Cisco Nexus Napalm integration and DCNM

xav....@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2022, 5:44:04 AM2/2/22
to NetBox
I'm about to look at integrating our multiple spine & leaf network into NetBox with Napalm to get Interface status, connection mismatches, etc.

However, our network is managed by a Cisco DCNM system which pushes the configurations out the the individual switches.

Does anyone have any experience of this? In my limited experience, the DCNM tends to send a more complex and "coded" config than would traditionally be necessary and so I guess there's a risk that there's a mismatch between the configuration on the switch pushed out by DCNM and what Napalm reports.

Any feedback from those who've done this?

The fall back would be to abandon Napalm integration and just log into DCNM as a separate system, but it would be nice if at least *some* of the config / status was visible within NetBox.

João Lucas B. Macedo

Feb 2, 2022, 6:03:00 AM2/2/22
to xav....@gmail.com, NetBox
Hi. NetBox only supports read only NAPALM  methods. No matterwhat DCNM is doing, you can pull status and other information via NetBox/NAPALM.

João Lucas Macedo
Telecom Engineer.