Interesting all-transistor clock with analogue dividers

Mike Harrison

Sep 15, 2021, 5:12:46 AM9/15/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Jon

Sep 16, 2021, 5:58:59 AM9/16/21
to neonixie-l
I don't actually see any content here?

Jon.

On Wednesday, September 15, 2021 at 10:12:46 AM UTC+1 mikeselectricstuff wrote:
neoni...@googlegroups.com

Mike Harrison

Sep 16, 2021, 6:05:20 AM9/16/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, 16 Sep 2021 02:58:59 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>I don't actually see any content here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5kkgO5MPIA

Tidak Ada

Sep 16, 2021, 6:55:54 AM9/16/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com

Ananlogue dividers??? Do you mean perhaps hetrodyne mixers?

Please place a schematic !

eric

John Rehwinkel

Sep 16, 2021, 9:29:20 AM9/16/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
Ananlogue dividers??? Do you mean perhaps hetrodyne mixers?

No, they're more like pulse accumulators with thresholds:  after N pulses, the threshold is reached and it dumps the accumulator capacitor and pulses the output.

- John

Toby Thain

Sep 16, 2021, 11:43:56 AM9/16/21
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
I've used this trick to get frequency division by 5 on a square wave,
using a multivibrator.

--Toby

> - John

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/649958B7-3D8C-4C10-9315-2D34AAE4F9BB%40mac.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/neonixie-l/649958B7-3D8C-4C10-9315-2D34AAE4F9BB%40mac.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Instrument Resources of America

Sep 16, 2021, 1:13:51 PM9/16/21
to 'John Rehwinkel' via neonixie-l

Also known as stairstep generators. Commonly used to step the base current, in such things as Tektronix transistor curve tracers, while the collector is being swept.     Ira.

Jon

Sep 16, 2021, 4:35:22 PM9/16/21
to neonixie-l
Neat design. Thanks for sharing Mike.