Homemade B7971 Nixie clock RGB led with wifi connection & scrolling text message

Bill Notfaded

Apr 15, 2019, 10:02:10 AM4/15/19
to neonixie-l
I don't know what the deal with this price is???  You've got to be kidding.

martin martin

Apr 15, 2019, 10:03:50 AM4/15/19
to neonixie-l
Now that's simply out of control!

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 7:02 AM Bill Notfaded <notf...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know what the deal with this price is???  You've got to be kidding.

Shaun Merrigan

Apr 15, 2019, 10:10:44 AM4/15/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
The full kit Kickstarter project for this clock was USD $1100, with tubes, but that was in January of this year:

Shaun M

Sent from my iPad6

No Regret

On Apr 15, 2019, at 08:02, Bill Notfaded <notf...@gmail.com> wrote:

I don't know what the deal with this price is???  You've got to be kidding.

Kevin A.

Apr 15, 2019, 2:24:52 PM4/15/19
to neonixie-l
Talk about outrageous. Someone should lowball him. $400. Because that's what it's actually worth (just the tubes).

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019, 10:02 AM Bill Notfaded <notf...@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know what the deal with this price is???  You've got to be kidding.

Дмитрий Шевченко

Apr 16, 2019, 10:16:06 AM4/16/19
to neoni...@googlegroups.com
My clock with Wi-Fi control (manually on touchscreen)

Bill Notfaded

Apr 16, 2019, 4:25:41 PM4/16/19
to neonixie-l
I actually tracked him down after seeing his kickstarter.  I found a phone number for a different first name that I thought was related to him and called it... he answered the phone.  We talked a while he told me he'd build a clock without tubes for me for the kickstarter price.  He also I've noticed has been selling his O-scope tube clocks on ebay and also has a an O-scope clock website where he sells all his clocks.  One thing I give him credit for is he does most all of it himself.  He actually builds the clocks from scratch himeself.  He even makes his own top cover cases.  This price is so out there though... I'm not sure what the deal is unless he really thinks since the 7971 prices have gotten so outa wack that someone would actually pay that... I hope it was a joke or something.  I mean no offense but it's not a Michael B. mod-six kind of clock and it's only four tubes.