My Hybrid Time Recorder Nixie Clock

Gilor

Feb 10, 2018, 6:56:26 PM2/10/18
to neonixie-l
Hello

That's my first post on this group, even if I'm registered since some month, so let's say it will be my way to introduce me. :)

First, I'm a noob with electronics and I learnt to use a iron solder or a multimeter only two years ago.
But I fell in love with nixie and dekatron clocks, so I had to try to do something with my humble skills.

So, my first clock (built last summer) is mixing a PV "Dink" clock kit with Z5660M tubes, Dekatron OG4 DoHickie kit by Michael Moorres and a cheap DS1302 led clock, with a vintage industrial time recorder tweaked as its housing.

For a first project, I'm quite pleased with the result, even if I never managed to synchronise the leds with the nixie, unfortunately, but it seems to be impossible... :(

Gilor

Feb 10, 2018, 7:08:48 PM2/10/18
to neonixie-l

Some "making of" photos:

John Snow

Feb 10, 2018, 7:26:22 PM2/10/18
to neonixie-l
Nice! How did you power the Dekatron? I have a OG-7 I've been meaning to get around to using, they need a max of 430-450v - I'm used to Nixies with 170-200v max.

Gilor

Feb 10, 2018, 7:40:07 PM2/10/18
to neonixie-l
The Do-Hickie kit uses his own voltage booster circuit to convert the 12volts of the clock to the 340volts required by the OG4 dekatron tube:

Nick

Feb 14, 2018, 11:34:56 AM2/14/18
to neonixie-l
Very very nice work!